Hey all

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Hi all,

I'm another rookie brewer, having a crack at brewing cheap beer that's very drinkable. I started a Thomas Cooper's Pilsener last weekend, hopefully will be bottling by saturday this week, so far it's bubbling away happily. A friend and I each have a kit, and we are sharing things we find, mistakes we make and successes we brew, so hopefully this will be a fun little venture.
So that'll probably do for an intro. I have a blog, which is linked below, along with the actual recipe I found for the Pilsener.

melb_student_brewer said:
Hi all,

I'm another rookie brewer, having a crack at brewing cheap beer that's very drinkable. I started a Thomas Cooper's Pilsener last weekend, hopefully will be bottling by saturday this week, so far it's bubbling away happily. A friend and I each have a kit, and we are sharing things we find, mistakes we make and successes we brew, so hopefully this will be a fun little venture.
So that'll probably do for an intro. I have a blog, which is linked below, along with the actual recipe I found for the Pilsener.
msb,welcome.plenty to learn about the hobby/craving here.stick with kits for a while learn from your mistakes and successes,then start throwing shit loads of money at over the top brewing cravings, bling,and toys. then try Biab.just like i did. ..cheers..spog..

Welcome to the hobby msb. You're probably already across it, but don't rush the bottling. Not sure what your temperature, fermentable ingredients or yeast, but one week is unlikely to be long enough. A rushed batch and bottle bombs are likely to put you off the hobby.

That aside, brew lots, read lots and talk to others. You'll be a pro in no time.

Latest posts

Back