• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Aussie Home Brewer and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member or click here to donate.

HEX For Sale

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

TidalPete

BREWING BY THE BEACH
Reaction score
G'day Brewers,
I have my old faithful HEX for sale due to a recent upgrade. It has been absolutely excellent & ramps up to a bit over 1.4 deg c per minute in my system.
Only reason for selling is that this is the last copper in my 4-vessel HERMS & I can now run the caustic through the brewery whenever I feel the need.
Asking $35 collect or $35 + postage if you're too far away.
Quite reasonable when you consider the cost, time & effort involved.

Off to the dump if nobody wants it?
Was offered for free with no response. Bad luck! You know who you are. :lol:

2200w Yob old son. Just a converted jug element.
Not old at all as I replaced around 12 months ago after forgetting to fill the HEX with water with the predictable result. :lol:

Oh shit! Forgot the pics. :lol: :lol:

Looks a little crappy but new insulating foam will help solve that. TTBOMM copper coil is +\- 5 meters.
A draincock helped me when needed.

001.JPG

002.JPG

TidalPete said:
Oh shit! Forgot the pics. :lol: :lol:

Looks a little crappy but new insulating foam will help solve that. TTBOMM copper coil is +\- 5 meters.
A draincock helped me when needed.
its the picnic of HEX's :lol:

Capture.JPG

it's the inside of the coil that counts right? and a quick recirc with starsan will make that brand new

:beerbang:

Cervantes said:
Any idea how much postage to WA would be?
I sent something similar from Geelong to Brissy last week and it was $18 standard postage in a 5kg prepaid satchel, cannot imagine it weighs more than 5kg.

You may not fit it in a satchel though, check e-go couriers maybe. Much cheaper than Aus post in my experience

Thanks very much Pete. What a terrific bloke to deal with. Cheers Tim.

Back