Heretic Beers!

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Adam Howard

Reaction score
562076_10150772844300776_581230775_9771967_1902587571_n.jpg

On the shelf at G&G. No doubt that they'll be at Purvis too. Bottles approx. 1 month old but should've been looked after thanks to a good importer.

Bought an Evil Twin due to making a clone with my cousin (geoff_tewierik) to see how close we got!

Also at Slowbeer

Did a quick search but nothing turned up. Anyone tried the torment? Stewarded for the aiba public tasting at terminus last night and managed to score a bottle. Seems to be highly rated at ratebeer and beer advocate. Just wondering if anyone here has tried it?

biggo said:
biggo, on 11 May 2012 - 2:58 PM, said:

I need to see these in perth :)
Try Mane Liquor, International Beer Shop or Re Store in Leederville, have seen Heretic there.

Haven't tried it but have wanted to.

My local bottle shop had a few of them. Grey import, evil twin over a year old at 25 bucks a pop. Needless to say i still haven't tried any.

Sent from my GT-I9505 using Tapatalk

I tried them all except the Torment, I know Purvis has it at the moment, Evil Twin and Shallow Grave rule, so drinkable, the Tafelbully and Tartuffe were excellent as well.

huez said:
My local bottle shop had a few of them. Grey import, evil twin over a year old at 25 bucks a pop. Needless to say i still haven't tried any.
I think the bottle of Evil Cousin I picked up may have been in this league, or not far from it.

High expectations + expensive pricetag + disappointing results = decreased liklihood of spending $$$ on imported hoppy beers in the future.

I doubt the issue was to do with the brewery, but seemed like it hadn't been handled well in it's loooong travels so didn't live up to the hype.

Would be very keen to try their stuff though if I was sure the beer was fresh and well handled. Or if someone else was paying! :icon_cheers:

Leura Cellars had them the last time I was up there - bought a couple of dark ones but haven't tried them yet.

I've tried two Heretic beers. Evil Twin was all right, not fantastic IMO. I really like their berliner weisse though.

Back