Here's Some Pics

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jayse

Black Label Society
Reaction score
just a few pics its a cheap digi but it'll do.
can i only post one pic on each post?

this is the H.L.T.

HLT.JPG

temp control
the first ones for H.L.T gas burner and the other the heat exchange system pump.

CONTROL.JPG

get some more up later.iam still trying to get the best pics i can with this digi cam.those ones come up allright.

Looks like a good little setup you have there.
What have you used to insulate your MLT ?

Beers,
Doc

the MLT is insulated with some insulated ducting.(second hand from a building site)then wrapped in a roll of tape that is made from metal.

here's the H.L.T burner with solienoid and pilot lite.

margo mulino flour mill.

yeah! well! it does the job.

i sit a power drill on a chair next to it.iam quite happy with the crack it just takes some time and i have to apply pressure to the top.basically push the grain through.anyway its getting the job done.

mill004.jpg

the cooler is a copper coil inside a length of pvc down pipe.

brewery1016.jpg

the pumps
the drill powers a pump that sucks the wort from the kettle through the hop back and into the cooler.or if not using the hop back straight to the cooler.

the other one pumps the wort from the M.L.T. through the coil inside the H.L.T. and back into the M.L.T.to raise the temp.

the drill pump used to do both but now it is really shagged and leaks like a sieve the only good thing is it has suction.
where as the other one doesn't so i can siphon from the top with all the sh$t whirlpooled into a pile on the bottom of the kettle.

brewery1008.jpg

those pics come up allright needs the good light.might take some of the HLT in the back yard in the sun.
here's a couple of things that keep the beer cold.
theirs the magic box up top. thats a coopers stout tap with a pale icon there's a 45L keg in there with a C.C cube aswell it can fit four soda kegs.
.the other can fit 4 soda kegs also and ussually has 4 in there.

the hops are in the freezer allthough just learnt DON'T FREEZE HOPS.
the malt is in the cuboard and the yeast is where ever it can fit between kegs in stubbies, 2l and 600 ml bottles.
iv'e got 2112,1272,1056,1084,1028

iam using these malts

imc pale ale malt
amc pale malt
imc munich malt
cararoma(dark crystal malt only better)
black malt
choc malt
60l british crystal
caramunich
carapils
wheat malt
roast barley

hops

hallertau
cascade
chinnook
EKG
northern brewer

number one brew is NW pale ale. CASCADES mmmmmmmmm

those hops in the tubs are cluster,hallertau,tettnanger and pride of ringwood.
next year will add perle,chinnook,williamette and something else?.gunna be a hop field in the back yard.

brewery2008.jpg

Jayse,

Tel me why you dont freeze Hops.

I allways keep my hop pellets in the freezer... ;)

GMK,

I think I read somewhere that the hop plugs/flowers discintegrated(?) during the boil. Since yours are pellets and already pulverised the effect won't be noticed.
Keeping hops in the freezer does increase their shelf life in regards to their AAU%(check it out on your promash programme)but they, the hops, do nearly just as good in the fridge at 4oC. It just means that you can keep hops for 12 months in the freezer and only lose 1-2% AAU where as in the fridge the loss will occur in a couple of months.

i still have mine in the freezer.
but the hop growers told the grumpy ones' that the freezing damages the cells or something and cause them to lose aroma.
iam still keeping them in their they've been working great so far and they don't actually seem to freeze.

Jayse

That was my feeling/thoughts on the pellets in the freezer.

Because they come out of the freezer...this is one of the reasons i add boiling water to them for 2mins before pitching them into the secondary.

Back