Help!

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

wedge

Reaction score
Guys i've busted a munich lager this week (accidently) and hence want to do a munich lager all grain on weekend.

Looking for suggestions asap, as friday arvo i'm buying the ingrediants.

This is what i have

Pale Ale 5kg
Carapils .3 kg
Wheat .15kg

Then tettnager, northern brewer and hallertauer to 25 ibu

Is my grain ok. Looking for a light tasty brew.

Wedge...

I think you need some Munich and some Vienna would be good.

250gm of each.
If you are going to Grumpys - taste the crystal rye/wheat - i think 100gms of that in there as well would go great.

I will be in Morphet Vale Saturday - give me a ring if you are brewing on Saturday - will be in Hallett Cove Sunday with TDA and the floculators.

I can check because at home i have some xtal rye & Xtal wheat.

What yeast are you going to use...

wedge, if you are not worried about the colour then go for it, it is the only way to learn.
if colour is an issue swap pale for 4kgs pils and 1kg light Munich. Or go all Pils and chuck 100grams of Melanoidin malt in.
I would leave Northern Brewer out but that is my opinion.

What yeast are you using?

C&B
TDA

think i might go for pils and munich malt. Was hoping for a light colour, but...................

Using the wyeast munich lager yeast.

Might try out the crystal rye to. (something new)

Wedge,

I would like some of that yeast...

I currently have 1084 Irish Ale and 1272 American Ale - for Jayse's Skunk Fart PA.
if you want to trade a starter ?

sounds fair gmk.

Will advise. The 1272 sounds good.

ok i went for
4.7kg pilsner
.7 munich
x rye

and tall and hallertau to 26IBUs

i'm also doing docs pilsner.

doing it tomorrow TDA, figure i try and do two brews at once as i am away next weekend!

Might be a bit difficult as my HLT is also my Boiler (new keg will be ready soon). I'll start at 10 and finish around six i guess. It usually takes about six hours for one so.............

Will report though. I tasted the crystal rye today, i'm looking forward to throwing it into the munich lager, i dont know if it is in the true goal of the style. But where here to make good beer arn't we. Decided not to throw any wheat in the munich lager, until i see how the rye goes. :blink:

Back