Help with recipe.

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

RobjF

Reaction score
Hey guys.
Got a few AG's under my belt and starting to iron out a few peoblems with my ever evolving rig.
Im wanting to create three pale ales all of the same recipe but in each one change a single hop. My aim is to try and educate myself a little to each of the three hops without clouding there flavours with other hops. Im wanting to use Citra, Mosaic and Falconers flight as my three hops.
The recipe I have come up with is a little cutting and pasting from other recipes and from reading different recipes about the net and playing with beersmith.
I have JW taditional Ale and JW light munich on hand at the moment.

5kg JW Tradition Ale
0.75 JW Light Munich
0.30 Carafoam (2.0 SRM)
0.25 Cara/crystal 10l (10 SRM)
0.20 Melanoiden malt (20 SRM)

Wyeast 1056 American ale.

EST OG - 1.049
EST FG - 1.012

Ive not done it before but would like to have a go at just dumping the next wort onto the yeast cake of the previous brew directly after primary fermtation is finished and i have rack the previous brew.

Any feed back, critique or ideas to improve most appercianted

Cheers Rob.

Ive been having a crack at cube hopping to do just this, brewing ~50lt with just a bittering and then cube hopping the 2 cubes with different hops. (Soon to be 3 cubes when I sort out the new HLT)

Smell coming out of the cubes when the wort hits it is divine, will probably just dry hop near the end of ferment to pick up the aromatics.

:icon_drool2:

Ive have been tempted to have a go at NoChill cubing but just never got round to it and would need to look into it a bit to work out the changes I had to make to the Hop installments.

with that method, there is only a bittering and a cube addition, worked out as a 20 min addition for the IBU calcs. can even be all cubed if you go heavier on the hops, I still like chucking in some hops in the boil though.

YMMV

Latest posts

Back