Help With Recipe From Data Base

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Morebeer4me

Reaction score
Have finished our first BIAB and would now like to brew a winter warmer. For example "Bartos Wee Heavy"

However the recipe does not have the Mash temps, step time etc.

Is the mashing temps similar, The Corona I just did on the weekend was 65.0 Degree mash for 60 min and 75.6 for 10 min

Can someone shed some light on how a newby works the mash details out ?

Cheers

I'd just try one of the following temp ranges depending on what kind of body you want;
- 64C-65C for dry
- 66C-67C for medium
- 68C-69C for full

Mash for 60 mins and you'll be fine

if you want more detail, also post in the relevant recipe thread and then people can see what the recipe is and it will help them provide mroe accurate info.

the rough guide argon gave you is good.

Usually a mash temp of 67C for 60 mins will work just fine unless otherwise specified, sparging at 75C.

That is the lazy approach. Posting in the relevant thread and PM'ing the author of the recipe is a good idea.

Usually a mash temp of 67C for 60 mins will work just fine unless otherwise specified, sparging at 75C.

That is the lazy approach. Posting in the relevant thread and PM'ing the author of the recipe is a good idea.

Is sparging the same as mashing out at 75.6 degree for 10Min, I do not rinse the grain with hot water.
I just bring the wort from mash temp to 75.6 and then lift the bag out and drain into pot, while i bring to the boil

Thankyou all for your replies, I have now found the the discuss recipe button :blink:

Author has not posted since april last year, so i thought a PM would not be returned, I will try anyway

Cheers All

Is sparging the same as mashing out at 75.6 degree for 10Min, I do not rinse the grain with hot water.
I just bring the wort from mash temp to 75.6 and then lift the bag out and drain into pot, while i bring to the boil

Thankyou all for your replies, I have now found the the discuss recipe button :blink:

Author has not posted since april last year, so i thought a PM would not be returned, I will try anyway

Cheers All

If you are doing BIAB, then yes, much the same. You don't rinse (sparge) with BIAB, just mash out if you want to.

Back