Help with Pilsner water

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

WHYPSI

Reaction score
Hey guys, Starting to play around with salts and stuff for the first time. I'll be brewing a Czech Pilsner this weekend and I'm hoping some experienced brewers can look over what I've come up with for water additions after much googling and head scratching. Any advice would be super appreciated! :)

water.png

Not knowing where you are (somewhere in Sidney?) its hard to tell, just had a glance at the Prospect water profile.
Interesting to see that Sidney Water have a Home Brew button on the website.

Actually the water looks pretty good, low in everything.
Just one thing you haven't mentioned is Chlorine. All water treatment for brewing really should start with getting rid of any Chlorine/Chloramine. Are you doing anything to eliminate Cl?
Mark

I like the "match a target profile" button on the BS3 water profile page. It lets you pick the final beer type you want to according to dryness or colour. One of the best additions to BS3. I see you picked "Lager" for yours WHYPSI, I used the "Yellow dry under 6 SRM" for my current pilsener.

Not knowing where you are (somewhere in Sidney?) its hard to tell, just had a glance at the Prospect water profile.
Interesting to see that Sidney Water have a Home Brew button on the website.

Actually the water looks pretty good, low in everything.
Just one thing you haven't mentioned is Chlorine. All water treatment for brewing really should start with getting rid of any Chlorine/Chloramine. Are you doing anything to eliminate Cl?
Mark

Yep I'm from Prospect in Sydney. I'll be throwing half a campden tablet in all my water before starting. Assuming this wont hurt anything.

Peter

Latest posts

Back