Help With My Car!

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

pr1me

Reaction score
Hey guys, anyone familiar with how to remove a standard 2din CD player from an AU2 Falcon console?? Its got four holes which according some guy in the ford-tech forums are used to remove it, and recommended using four pieces of coat hanger wire and should only take a couple minutes to remove. This obviously isnt the case as the ******* is still firmly wedged into my console!

ive got a set of 6x9" sony pods that are just aching to be plugged in and thumped, but unless i can hook the buggers up to the back of the CD player they stay silent

:(

From memory you need to use the coat hanger wire to push a snap clip in, ie form the coat hanger into to "U" shapes, push em both in , you should hit some resistance, and it should then pop out.
I would have thought the speakers would work OK , if you just use the other wires already plugged into the back two, or are you trying to run 6 speakers ? if so I think you'll need an amp, and use the preouts on the back of the unit (if it has em)

this is a ute, so ill be needing to run new cabling under the floor trim into the pods behind the front seats.

Ill sacrifice another coat hanger and see if i can get some joy, i noticed though the top left hand hole had nothing behind it, might have been removed when my hands free kit went in next to it.

To add insult to injury, just had a 1000 bucks worth of damage done to my car in the carpark at arndale, and then drive off leaving no details.

just spoke to insurance dudes, 300 dollars for the privaledge of having some moron hit and run the ute. Atleast im not losing my no claim bonus.

Back