Help with kegs...

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

alexcatt14

Reaction score
Hi,
Me and a mate recently bought these kegs off eBay on a whim for $100 and as we've both never used kegs before was wondering what we would need to do to them to get them in working order again? Perhaps it was a little foolish by us....

I thought the bodies of the kegs looked in reasonable shape and would need a decent clean but other than that we were hoping it wouldn't be too expensive to get them up and running again, being uni students with limited budgets! Otherwise we were hoping even 3-4 of the kegs would be salvageable.. Any advice would be great! Thanks

Oh and we're in Melbournes eastern suburbs if that's at all relevant for parts etc..
$_57.JPG

3 look like they just need a good clean (the ones with full gas and beer posts) and run the gas into the keg filled with water and keg cleaner to clean the lines.

The other two, I couldn't say for certain, but reckon that if you bought new posts for them and fitted them, then you'd be fine.

Thanks! That's what I'm hoping! I'll get a better look at them when we pick them up later in the week!

Give em a decent pressure wash and go from there.

The 3 Coke kegs with the 2in screw cap in the top will need seals that are the same as the screw cap you see on 44gal drums.

I'd be buying new pressure relief vales also, the seals in them wouldnt be any good if the shit on the outside is anything to go by.

Posted this link too many times and they're in melbourne, I think prices listed are current.

Latest posts

Back