Help Support Aussie Homebrewer by donating:

1. We have implemented the ability to gift someone a Supporting Membership now! When you access the Upgrade page there is now a 'Gift' button. Once you click that you can enter a username to gift an account Upgrade to. Great way to help support this forum plus give some kudos to anyone who has helped you.
    Dismiss Notice

Help with kegs...

Discussion in 'Gear and Equipment' started by alexcatt14, 11/6/14.

Tags:

1. alexcatt14

Posted 11/6/14
    Hi,
    Me and a mate recently bought these kegs off eBay on a whim for $100 and as we've both never used kegs before was wondering what we would need to do to them to get them in working order again? Perhaps it was a little foolish by us....

I thought the bodies of the kegs looked in reasonable shape and would need a decent clean but other than that we were hoping it wouldn't be too expensive to get them up and running again, being uni students with limited budgets! Otherwise we were hoping even 3-4 of the kegs would be salvageable.. Any advice would be great! Thanks

Oh and we're in Melbournes eastern suburbs if that's at all relevant for parts etc..
    [​IMG]

2. Lord Raja Goomba I

Prisoner of Sobriety

Posted 11/6/14
    3 look like they just need a good clean (the ones with full gas and beer posts) and run the gas into the keg filled with water and keg cleaner to clean the lines.

The other two, I couldn't say for certain, but reckon that if you bought new posts for them and fitted them, then you'd be fine.

1 person likes this.
  3. alexcatt14

Posted 11/6/14
    Thanks! That's what I'm hoping! I'll get a better look at them when we pick them up later in the week!

4. shaunous

I Drink VB

Posted 11/6/14
    Give em a decent pressure wash and go from there.

The 3 Coke kegs with the 2in screw cap in the top will need seals that are the same as the screw cap you see on 44gal drums.

I'd be buying new pressure relief vales also, the seals in them wouldnt be any good if the shit on the outside is anything to go by.

1 person likes this.
  5. MastersBrewery

Journeyman, the learning never stops

Posted 11/6/14
    Posted this link too many times and they're in melbourne, I think prices listed are current.

Draft saved Draft deleted