Help With Ginger Beer.

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

BEERBOY

Reaction score
I made my first ginger beer brew a few weeks ago with the Beermakers kit & 1kg of raw sugar. Everything seemed to go as per the instructions, and i bottled at about 1005. But the problem is there is no fizz. I used the Coopers carb. drops (2 per bottle) ans i used the plastic PET bottles that came with the coopers kit. It has been about 4 weeks now and not a great deal of improvement. Should i leave them a bit longer or dump em.
What went wrong?

I too had problems with a beermakers beer kit. All that artificial sweetener or something. I think I also put more than a kilo of sugar in by accident.

Anyway, I left it to brew for aaaaages and then bottled without any priming sugar. Some people like it, others don't. It did fizz though.

Does anyone have a non kit ginger beer recipe with a bit of bite to it? I was thinking of using lactose for sweetness and cane sugar for fermentables. I am not a fan of the 'diet' taste of the kits.

My experiments so far with ginger beer plants have proved explosive.
Will the lactose thing work?

Is morgans releasing a ginger beer soon??

Cheers,

bjcomposer

BEERBOY: have you been keeping them at a reasonable temp for the yeasties to do their thing?

I want a real-no kit no crap ginger beer recipe

GSRman,

GMK (Ken) had a really good Ginger Beer recipe which I did and everyone who tried it said it was the best ginger beer they'd ever had. It was a kit recipe, but it had heaps of other stuff in it that really made a nice spicy complex drink. Do a search under Ginger beer and see if you can find it. if you have any trouble, let me know and I'll see if I can dig it up from my PC folders.

Cheers - Snow

Back