Help With Beer Gun

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Scotty

Reaction score
When purchasing my keg system i opted for a gun for parties etc. After turning the pouring pressure down to 10psi and making sure it stayed there i attempted to pour a glass. When i first squeezed the trigger it spurted out like a garden hose but as i held it fully open it poured fine until i was finnished filling and let go of the trigger and it squirted the same as before in my glass and made alot of froth. Please help!

I have a gun on my keg setup also. I find if you pull the trigger in fast and release it fast you avoid the squirting and the froth. If you pull the trigger too slow you are giving the valve inside the chance to be partially open for much longer, which is what is causing it to squirt.

hope that makes some sense.

That's normal, you need to squeeze those guns real quick, and let them go real quick. At 1/2 way open they spurt like mad.

you would find taps the same

I also find if left a while, there is a bit of air in the line first off this increases the amount of foam, so to fix this i try to drink from it each night :)

i get this with my fridge, no matter how fast you pull the taps, you get the crap to start with, i just have a bucket under the tap, pull it, wait a second and stick the glass under, i guess im not the only one, only thing is, after a while you look down and see all that wasted brew... :(

warb said:
i get this with my fridge, no matter how fast you pull the taps, you get the crap to start with, i just have a bucket under the tap, pull it, wait a second and stick the glass under, i guess im not the only one, only thing is, after a while you look down and see all that wasted brew... :(
Warb

Tip with the taps.

Just open the taps to let the air buubles out - u will hear when there are no more.
Once the air bubbles have finished - quickly open the tap full on.
Then u just have a little foam.

And it will pour a treat - i pour around 70kpa.

Hope this helps

if it was not for the floating cockies maybe I mite :blink:

ken, nice, once this one is done I will try your suggestion B)

Post feedback then...

nah, all head, i think ill look at how the hoses are sitting and try later.....

I guess its all in the wrist :huh:

Try this site

http://www.angelfire.com/ks2/beer/homekeg.html#co2

if your getting foam when you first pour a beer it could be that you beer isnt stored under enough pressure. If your beer isnt stored under enough pressure the co2 comes out of the liquid and youll get gas build up in the beer line. When you pour your first beer this is what giving you the foam.

To fix it try these steps

1. You should balance you beer system so that you pour and store beer at the same pressure. Should be about 15 psi to maintain carbonation of the beer

2. To increase pouring pressure to 15 psi you will have to increase the length of the beer line so that your not increasing the pouring speed. Im using 5mm line because it'll go easily over the keg fittings as they are 6mm. Ive found 3 metres to work well.

3. Store the excess beer line in a coil in your fridge. When the system isnt balanced correctly you can see the gas breaking out of the beer solution in the lines and forming gas pockets. If you can see this you need more pressure so that the gas stays dissolved in the beer

4. Go to Andale or somewhere similar and buy propper Valpar beer line. Its plastic and see thru and it doesnt easily kink when you close your fridge or freezer door

5. Good Luck

Back