Help With A Keg

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

SSNJOHN

Reaction score
This may be sacrilege on this site, but I am looking for a keg to make into a patio wood stove. I think they are stainless and about 20 Liter. I am in Texas but daughter and her son live just outside of Adelaide in Hallet Cove. I have someone that can pick it up and deliver to them. I need suggestions on where in this area I can buy a dented or reasonable one.

Thanks for your help,

John

[email protected]

I think a 50L keg would be a better size for a patio heater; they can be purchased from ebay.

The 18L corny type kegs can be purchased from the sponsors above. If you google this site someone recently had one with a pin hole in it they may be willing to sell.

PS. I would edit your post and remove your email addr. spammers love finding them on sites.

QldKev

QLDKev,

Thanks for the suggestion on Ebay. I am concerned the shipping will be excessive. I have a person in Adelaide that will pick it up and deliver, I just need to find one.

I guess I should just buy him a keg of beer and let him keep the keg. I think you are right about the 50L size as well.

If someone could recommend a distributor or place to buy a keg in that general area, that would be great. Y'all have a great site here. I am a fishing junkie and hang on a similar one.

Thanks,

John

So buy it in the states off ebay and ship it to Adelaide? I think the freight would eat me alive.

I think I can just pay the deposit in Adelaide, have someone pick it up, and deliver to them. Just need to know where to call and arrange for it. If a distributor had damaged or ones that need repair and I could get a little off the deposit price, that would be great.

Thanks for the help,

John

http://cgi.ebay.com/Empty-Full-Size-Stainl...=item230425487c

y not buy it from the states.. u will pay far FAR less the we will

Tom

As far as I know, the only kegs available for private purchase in Australia are either;

1) Imported decommissioned kegs,
2) Kegs bought surplus to requirements from somewhere like kegking. Linky

This means that due to the rarity of keg suppliers to the public market, expect to pay A$150 for a keg sourced in Australia.
It is rumored that some companies import full kegs on a one way basis, but I have not been able to confirm this.

Cheers,

Ben

Edit : It appears that my link may be dead... but then it may be my connection.

Back