Help! stc 1000 wiring using standard aussie lead 240V

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

DJALEXIS

Reaction score
i looked through the threads and this might seem like a dumb question which is why i cant find any discussion on it. i'm a newbie and watched several videos and read through tutorials before wiring my stc 1000. i just checked to see if it turned on and all and its just nothing happening.

I wired my stc 1000 using standard white 240v / 10amp leads from the $2 shop.
I wired it correctly as far as i can tell. checked and double checked.
i get nothing. but then i noticed the stc 1000 states 110v-220v not 240V
when i loo3ked on ebay for one rated 240V it was exactly the same stc i have with a marking of 110v-220v power in.

so is using a lead rated 240v a problem? is there a special stc 1000 i need to get for australia?
also would my soldering of the connections contribute to my problem? ( i just twisted the wires tightly around each other for the connections and then just coated them in solder almost completely then wrapped in insulation so i think i did well.
or is my stc just a dud?
(btw, i also tried just hooking power to connectors 1 and 2 (brown and blue wires) to see if it turned on and it didnt).
Thank you for any help!

The voltage won't matter; no special lead or anything.

It's pretty simple, so if you're confident you have the right wiring etc then it sounds like the unit is DOA.

Post up a pic of your wiring so someone can check it for you / confirm if you have a dud.

Here is the proper diagram for wiring up an STC-1000.
To be safe, you should really get your wiring checked by a qualified person.
If your wiring is the same then you've probably got a dud.

I personally wouldn't put too much faith in anything electrical from a $2 shop.
Better to find a cheap lead or two & use the colour-coded wiring, pins & sockets.
Good Wiring Diagram.jpg

Last edited:
I used to short extension leads,cut male plug to power the stc and the two female sockets for the hot and cold control. I cut them to the length I needed and this saved me having to wire the plugs. All the left over cable was used to wire the unit as TidlePete has stated with his diagram.

I then marked the leads hot and cold with a Dymo label maker and also colour coded them.

If you have wired like the diagram above and the unit doesn't power up then you either have a faulty unit or no power to the socket. Make sure that you haven't tripped the breaker.

Note that if you're trying to find out if the STC1000 works, no need to wire the heating or cooling relays. You'll hear them click on and off if the thing powers up and works.

On ebay from your link batz they show a inkbird with ( i think ) the top off it .running a stc 1000 or am i seeing it wrong

Back