Help Save A Poor Nrl Player

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Keith_N

Reaction score
It is time to put forward my long held theory that will save the NRL from falling apart completely. Players must learn how to brew their own beer!
A man that brews his own beer will shun all beers other than his own. He will no longer need to go out to pubs & nightclubs, as they will not serve the beer that this man craves. He will wakes up early & mash in before heading to a recovery session, actually home brewers don't need recovery sessions!
A man who brews his own beer will have a greater respect for his beer, as he will not waste this precious nectar!
Do you think a devoted home brewer would be brawling outside a pub at 3am !
Just a thought
Keith

Maybe they should stop paying them so much.
That way they;d need to have a regular job too like it used to be.
Remember when all rugby league players were teachers, brick layers, storemen, retailers (they worked in a sports store), builders, etc.

If they had to get up the next morning and go to a job they wouldn't be out drinking at all hours.
Granted this latest occurance occured on a weekend, but back in the 80's the only reason they got in the papers other than footbal was something like trying to pull an insurance scam or something :)

You are a fearsomely intelligent man, Keith.

Certainly a good plan, and not just limited to NRL.

There are quite a few people that could benefit from the ideals of brewing.

Just imagine the courts in their sentencing strategies taking into account that the defendant is seeking to brew their own in an effort to stay away from the pubs.

Let teh nrl players not brew and go to pubs rather have afl take over that nrl game

If AFL took over the NRL we would see no football on madri gras weekend as they would all be out on the pull in oxford street.

If AFL took over the NRL we would see no football on madri gras weekend as they would all be out on the pull in oxford street.

berto, you come out with this on the day when NRL player Mr John "I like to put my finger up other men's bums, me" Hopoate is in the news again? :p :D :p

He was pretty hard done by with that in all honesty. He deserves what he got for the other things. But it looked like it all jsut went wrong on the weekend for him. He turned his back and looked as though he was trying to pull out of it.

Look out Wagga
The birth place of more sporting Champions than anywhere else in the world has opened its welcoming arms to everybody's fav NRL player John Hopoate! Seems he will be playing in one of the Group comps for a Wagga based team, according to the Legends on Triple M this morning.
This is a guy who could benefit from the discipline that brewing has given all of us.So what do you reckon Peter, will you invite him to your next meeting?????
Enjoy the weekend
James

id have to disagree. just as the massess drink megaswill, the nrl has painted itself as the corresponding megaswill of the au football world. its all about $$.

i was going to follow the path that the game played in heaven, rugby would be the ideal brewers, however they too have been seduced by lion nathan. afl are also in the megaswill camp. soccer players are more the still types. guess that leaves lawn bowls ....

(something id have a chance at, except for those spritely retirees.)

hopeye - isnt the nhl on strike this season ? or have i got that wrong too ?

In my mind brewing is more like tennis, and each player would be a local beer in thier country.

Of course Lleyton Hewitt would be crown lager, very flashy and thinking he's top shit when really he's very very average.
The Poo would be tooheys old, different, yet the same.
the Woodies were like coopers sparkling ale and pale ale, more crafty and finely tuned.

This of course means homebrewers are like the game of real (or royal) tennis. Not too many people have heard of it, let alone how its done, and even fewer have ever participated. But its a very rewarding pastime for the dedicated.

barfridge said:
This of course means homebrewers are like the game of real (or royal) tennis. Not too many people have heard of it, let alone how its done, and even fewer have ever participated. But its a very rewarding pastime for the dedicated.
[post="52729"][/post]​

Is an Australian still world champion ?
The reason most people haven't heard of it is there are only a small number of courts in the country.

Beers,
Doc

There is a Royal Tennis Court at Macquarie Uni which is just at the end of my street. I played a couple of times when I was at Uni there. Its a fun game , but how did we get onto the topic here?I can't remember the last time a Royal Tennis player was in the news for carrying on outside the Coogee Bay Hotel! I guess they do the "goes on tour stays on tour" better than all the other sports.
Cheers
Gerard

berto said:
He was pretty hard done by with that in all honesty. He deserves what he got for the other things. But it looked like it all jsut went wrong on the weekend for him. He turned his back and looked as though he was trying to pull out of it.

The wrong place at the wrong time??? :lol: :D :blink: :p

Late? News Flash. ----- Broncos rolled by Kiwis.
Bawling.gif
Bawling.gif
Is there anyone not north of the Tweed & west of Morton Island who will sympathise with me???? Broncos Rule ok.

PS -- Just found this thread & couldn't resist the previous post. :rolleyes:

Late spelling edit.

AFL, NRL, Rugby, anyone simply following the corporate offerings of any code is kidding themselves. None of these top level codes represent the games they were born of.

get rid o nrl ans just have union and afl

Tidalpete said:
Late? News Flash. ----- Broncos rolled by Kiwis.
Bawling.gif
Bawling.gif

You'd better believe it too. The Warriors are on the comeback trail :beerbang:

Doc

Back