Help: quick advice on carbing

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

big78sam

Frequent poster - My post count is no reflection o
Reaction score
I have a couple of almost empty kegs that were sitting unplugged from the gas for ages. We have people coming over tonight and ive just realised they've lost most of their carbonation. There is a very small head (even opening the flow control all the way) that dissapates very quickly. They are a pilsener and an apa. I could plug in and rock the kegs to get carbonation back but theyll get all cloudy again as the crud has sunk to the bottom now. If i set the pressure to 300kpa and just let them sit for 4 hours will that have any effect in carbonation? If i need to rock to carbonate ill do that now and give it a few hours to settle. Any suggestions?

You can try setting the pressure high then release it before serving - but with such a short time, you might need to swirl them I think.
edit: If they are chilled and you don't shake the crap out of them - most of the junk will stay where it is, and better cloudy than flat.

Back