Help Please Guys - Need A Xp Home With Sp3 Install Dvd

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Cube

SAY MY NAME, BITCH
Reaction score
Help needed ! :) I have got me a new shiny 27" Imac and it's so nice I want to lick it! Anyway I want to 'bootcamp' XP onto it. Basically install XP on the mac for gaming and the odd piece of tax software.

I have XP home ( legit and key is mine ) but I NEED XP sp2 or 3 install DVD and mine is pre SP updates. I have slip streamed SP3 onto another DVD ( again legal ) but it just won't work. I get net_detect errors on reboots....or something like that.

So - any one have a Windows XP HOME eddition with SP3 or even SP 2 that I can borrow for a day? I will use it to install windows and use MY KEY. I do not even want to know your key or want anything to do with your key. Just to clarify this is all legit and noting will blow up or implode :)

Cheers

obviously some beers will be exchanged :).

I'll admit I know nothing about Apple's, but why does it need to be SP2+?

Anyway, I'd suggest finding out what drivers you need - particularly for the HD controller, and slipstreaming that in to your boot CD.

How are you slipstreaming? I like nLite. Nice and easy to use, and can do pre-set bunch of other stuff so install can be unattended.

Also, you're mentioning XP on a DVD - I've only ever seen it on a CD.

Or failing that, i'm sure you could download a non-cracked copy somewhere. Not that I'm exactly a copyright lawyer, but if you've got your own licence I can't see that being an issue.

Hopefully some of that helps/makes sense.

Rob.

Bootcamp just needs SP2 or higher. I think it's a iMac thing. Sucks the fat one. Maybe it is a CD...... thought it was a DVD by standard. I used IMGBURN i think it was and I am sure it was right. It also has a lot of default settings done for you as it knew it was building a install DVD.

Bootcamp takes care of all drivers etc. I'll see if someone has a XP Home CD/DVD with SP2 or higher here. Downloading XP is not what I want or will do actually :)

Cheers anyways!

Pretty sure ive got some spare XP Home discs at work I could mail to you.. Not sure what service pack they are ill have to check.

But..... Why dont you just get Windows 7 64 bit? It's the tits.

I guess I should phoney. It's a matter of $$ at the moment. The Imac was $2200.00 and splashing out on win7 is not going to happen as I have XP and that's just to be used for gaming mate and for doing BAS etc.. I'm a mac convert for all other stuff :) If you could check on the cd/dvd's that would awesome!!

Cheers

Fair enough. Well ive just dug through a big box of redundant sofwarre in my storeroom all ive got is SP1. Sorry.

Thanks mate for the effort. Much appreciated.

I'm all sorted now - cheers to all.

Latest posts

Back