**help** Morgans Beer Enhancer (in A Can)

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Holstein

Reaction score
Hi All

For christmas i was given a Morgans Beer enhancer and a Morgans QLD Gold, Is there anything else i need to make a Batch or is the Morgans Beer enhancer the same as a normal power enhancer i would normally use.

Sorry if this is a silly question but im only new to this and dont want to waste what i got but not adding something.

Cheers

Yes. It's just another malt extract. I've used a few of those with good results.

A 1.7 Kg kit and a 1.5 Kg liquid malt extract will give around 5% alcohol in 23 litres including priming sugar in the bottles.

Damian.

Hi, I would replace the yeast that comes with the can with a better one, there are many but US-05 is pretty good.

Adding hops will improve the flavour and aroma.

I wouldn't go to too much trouble at such an early stage of your brewing experience, just make sure you get the basics right, sanitation, temp control, yeast upgrade & patience.

Good luck.

Hi, yes you should be good. I'd disagree about the yeast, the Morgans yeasts are actually not too bad and I even buy their lager yeast as a separate item for doing Aussie style All Grain lagers. However the pack size of the yeast is pretty small so don't have the beer too cold when you pitch it, say 21 degrees would be fine, and to get a better yeast survival you could rehydrate it rather than sprinkle it in dry. Mix it with a small amount of lukewarm water first in a sanitised bowl or cup and stir till dissolved into a "cream", let the yeast wake up for ten minutes until it starts to froth a bit, and pour that into the brew.

Latest posts

Back