Help Milling Grain Melbourne

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

lespaul

Reaction score
Hey
Just having problems with the motor on the mill I use. Going to need to get it repaired but would love to do a brew in the meantime. If anyone could help me out with milling some grain that would be greatly appreciated. I live in ivanhoe in Melbourne. Thanks heaps
Also doing BIAB so a fine crush is preferred but any help is appreciated :beer:

LHBS?? they may help you out if your a regular customer. if not some one here should be close with a mill.

AG is def taking off MHB said he has sold over 5 tonnes (i think it was) of base malt since nov last year lol. When his online store gets up and running I am sure that will go up.

Sure, I'm around all day studying tomorrow. Come mill your grain have a chat, no Probs. It's manually driven so you may get a workout too Haha.

Still waiting on some grains to turn up from craftbrewer, thought they would have arrived today.
Have to hit you up when they arrive
Cheers

No prob. Btw, wont craftbrewer crush them for you?

Hey
Just having problems with the motor on the mill I use. Going to need to get it repaired but would love to do a brew in the meantime. If anyone could help me out with milling some grain that would be greatly appreciated. I live in ivanhoe in Melbourne. Thanks heaps
Also doing BIAB so a fine crush is preferred but any help is appreciated :beer:

I'm also in Ivanhoe, I have a millmaster non motorised you're welcome to use.
Give me a call if you want (pm'd phone no)
Mark

getting the speciality grains from them, not base grains
p.s cheers mark

Off topic but in the UK, I note from Jim's beer kit, most of the suppliers and many of the maltsters themselves :eek: will do sacks of crushed grain at bulk buy prices. As the Poms are in some (but not all) respects perhaps a little bit following behind us, I think this is a bloody brilliant solution over there.
For example Warminster Maltsters - if you navigate down to their order form you'll see that you can get a sack of crushed MO for example for around fifty bucks our money - wouldn't you love JW or BB to do that :)

how long would it last?? plus would all the husks sit ontop and the flour sink to the bottom?? I know by the time I get my bag of crushed grain home the flour is all in the bottom. I dont care as buy per batch so it all goes in at once

I asked G+G if they would crush a sack i was buying, at retail price, they said they would do the first 5kg. Which is fair enough I suppose.

Also, good you found someone closer Mark.

Grab a few sacks from a bulk buy ... surely the savings on that alone would fund half or more of a decent mill.

Grab a few sacks from a bulk buy ... surely the savings on that alone would fund half or more of a decent mill.

+1

I was officially "in front" after i got part way through my second sack.

Love my Crankandstein!

can you hook up a drill to your mill ?

Who, me?

Assuming yes, then the answer is yes. The Cranks' just like the MM's, have a squared off (slightly) crank handle receiver that you can put a drill on.

I haven't bothered though as i have balls bigger than Chuck Norris and on the weekend hand crushed 9kg in around 12mins whilst waiting for strike water to hit temp. Would've been faster but i had to refill my glass and keep an eye on the footy.

It's easy enough for me not to really give a shit about motorising it.

Oh.

In that case, forget i said anything....

Nothing to see here folks, move aside, nothing to see here.....

Who, me?

Assuming yes, then the answer is yes. The Cranks' just like the MM's, have a squared off (slightly) crank handle receiver that you can put a drill on.

I haven't bothered though as i have balls bigger than Chuck Norris and on the weekend hand crushed 9kg in around 12mins whilst waiting for strike water to hit temp. Would've been faster but i had to refill my glass and keep an eye on the footy.

It's easy enough for me not to really give a shit about motorising it.
Same boat mate. Figure hand mulling 10 kg works that first beer off, it's downhill after the hlt hits strike temp though. Funny enough I haven't considered automating that part. Motor milling pfft, that's soft! Good luck with the rye in a motor mill as well.

Pre edit: prolly works just fine, but my delusions keep me motivated.

Latest posts

Back