Help! Megaswill Nightmare

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Ces

Reaction score
Hey guys,

just arrived on the goldie for a few days with for the father-in-law's 60th and all they have stocked is carlton dry!!! Now each to his own but this 'beer' tastes like weak puma piss to me and they wont let me go out and get something else.

Anyone got advice as to a bottlo i can go to that is around pacific fair so i can rectify this tomorrow?

Hey guys,

just arrived on the goldie for a few days with for the father-in-law's 60th and all they have stocked is carlton dry!!! Now each to his own but this 'beer' tastes like weak puma piss to me and they wont let me go out and get something else.

Anyone got advice as to a bottlo i can go to that is around pacific fair so i can rectify this tomorrow?

I can go one better Ces. I leave on the 1st March for 9 days fishing and crabbing. The boys have already got 20 x 30pks of 4XXX Gold cans. I'll take a couple of boxes of HB but in the end I'll have to go with the flow. At least you can source some decent grog where you are.

According to Boozel there is a BWS in Pacific Fair that will carry Little Critters.
( Note: If you come from down south the letters BWS up here usually mean -'bloody worthless shit' as far as a decent beer range goes <_< )

Xxxx gold. Oh no mate. You win.

From down south but i'll give it a go. Thanks

might be worth a look

Dan Murphy's Mermaid Waters
Cnr Markeri Street & Sunshine Boulevard, Lonestar Tavern
Mermaid Waters
QLD 4218
Australia

Just skull 4-6 bottles of the carlton dry as fast as possible. You won't be able to taste them after that.

Just drink it and be glad of the hospitality. When you get a chance to go to the bottle shop, shout them something you like.

If you go to dinner at someone's house, do you put down your fork and go get takeaway for everyone?

Yep and context when drinking beer is as important as beer snobbery, if not more so. My mate at the pub shouts me a pint of Carlton, I'll thank him, drink it and shout him a pint of mountain goat back.

might be worth a look

Dan Murphy's Mermaid Waters
Cnr Markeri Street & Sunshine Boulevard, Lonestar Tavern
Mermaid Waters
QLD 4218
Australia

That's my local. They have six packs of Pilsner Urquel for $17.

Yep and context when drinking beer is as important as beer snobbery, if not more so. My mate at the pub shouts me a pint of Carlton, I'll thank him, drink it and shout him a pint of mountain goat back.

Absolutely but read my original post... Wanted... Offered... Begged to get more beer. Under the guise that i felt bad at not having any of my own for the first night (picked up straight from the airport).
Was not allowed... Because they're too generous. I didnt go because i did not want snob their hospitality nor tell them i didnt like their beer.
In short- snobbery felt... Not displayed.
Came on here looking to share a story with those who know but...

Read twice before you judge

Absolutely but read my original post... Wanted... Offered... Begged to get more beer. Under the guise that i felt bad at not having any of my own for the first night (picked up straight from the airport).
Was not allowed... Because they're too generous. I didnt go because i did not want snob their hospitality nor tell them i didnt like their beer.
In short- snobbery felt... Not displayed.
Came on here looking to share a story with those who know but...

We all have this 'dilemma' from time to time and I'm thinking you played this well Ces. hope you found a way to shout everyone some quality beer in the end.

Shove a wedge of lime in the bottle neck and drink it with your little finger cocked upward.

Be the designated driver. That way you don't have to drink any.

Isn't the rule, "You don't complain about the beer in a mate's fridge, but you're allowed to complain if it's warm"?

I'll admit I'm guilty of breaking this rule in the past but I'm learning.

Ah, Dan Murphy's Mermaid Waters. You rescued me from the shit beer hell hole that is Surfers Paradise. Too bad I only found you with 3 days of the holiday to go. Drinking 12 Hoegaardens the night before we flew out probably wasn't the best idea, but be stuffed if I was leaving them.

I'd say the majority of qld pubs are designed to cause extreme distress to any beer lover.
And the bottle shops aren't far behind.

At least, when beer fails there is rum :)

Why would I read twice when I can half read and be a grumpy old prick?

Actually your post wasn't that clear. 'They won't let me go out and get something else' could mean anything.

Anyway, hope you find something nice and they appreciate it.

I'm staying just up the road in Surfers at the Chevron Renaissance. Sneak out for a while and come up for some beers, look for some dude hanging of the 30th floor balcony.

QldKev

I'm staying just up the road in Surfers at the Chevron Renaissance. Sneak out for a while and come up for some beers, look for some dude hanging of the 30th floor balcony.

QldKev

Kev,

That's where we stayed. 29th floor. Be buggered if I stayed out on the balcony for any length of time, though. Can you say Heebee Jeebee's.

Back