Help me with Coopers Pale Ale kit

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

panzerd18

Reaction score
Hi all,

I am brewing a Coopers Pale Ale kit for a friend for his birthday.

The following ingredients will be used -

Coopers Pale Ale Kit
Brew Enhancer 2
US05 Yeast @ 18C
25 grams Cascade Hops - Dry hopped during the last 3 days of ferment

I'm going to fill the fermenter up to the 20 litre mark.

Does this look ok?

Should I use more cascade hops or is 25 grams enough to get a nice cascade aroma like Sierra Nevada Pale Ale?

Looks fine, you'll get plenty of aroma, my favourite kit brew the CPA, I used to do it with (for preference) 1kg dme and half kilo of wheat malt in place of the BE2

Remember 1g of hops per litre of brew when it comes to dry hopping. This is not the only way but its a good place to start.

brewermp said:
Remember 1g of hops per litre of brew when it comes to dry hopping. This is not the only way but its a good place to start.
The question is, will 1g per litre give a similar strength aroma as Sierra Nevada Pale Ale?

Never tried Sierra Nevada pale ale so cant answer that specific question but the formula above gives a good balance so as not to overpower with hops.

brewermp said:
Never tried Sierra Nevada pale ale so cant answer that specific question but the formula above gives a good balance so as not to overpower with hops.
Well worth to go and buy a single bottle to give it a try. Its quite good.

I'd look at a 5 minute boil or a hop tea to add a little extra hoppy goodness.

What can I do to cool the wort down after boiling to go into the fermenter? I don't have a chiller.

Whats the difference between doing a hop tea and dry hopping in terms of aroma and flavour?

You get some flavour with a boil, mostly just aroma with dry hopping, the pale ale can can do with the flavour addition

So how many grams to boil for 5 mins and how many grams to dry hop?

10 and 15
unless you have more Cascade....
15 and 20

Back