Help, Leaing From Tap Tower.

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jimmychill

Reaction score
Beer is coming out somewhere within my beer tower on top of my kegking kegerator. Thing is I don't know how to get inside the tower to check out exactly what is the problem. I just hooked the thing up the way I got it, and have never actually taken the tower apart. Its strange though because it's only done this once before and most of the time has had no problem. Anyway check out the pics, can u somehow "open" the tower where the blue arrows are? Any help would be greatly appreciated. beertwr.jpg

The top plate of the font comes off, just pull on it and twist a bit.
The taps come off aswell. i think from memory turn clockwise, there should be a tool that came with the kegerator to get the taps off

Top of the tower comes off, no tools needed. Taps come off too, with a tap spanner which should have been included in the kit.

OK, thanks man, got the top off....... now what? Like how do I disconnect beer lines if I need to, how do I fix leaks? I reckon it's only one of the beer lines that is leaking as I had just hooked up a keg to the sceond line. topoftwr.jpg

I had beer leaking from inside my Keg King kegerator font from day one. As described by others, the 'cap' on top of the font just pulls off with a bit of twisting/pulling. I found the beer line had split where it was pushed onto the tap. Couldn't figure out how to get a spanner of any sort onto the nut on the back of the tap shank so spoke to Keg King. Kee at Keg King was kind enough to respond to my query in person and explained that you can work the tap loose by 'wriggling' it gently back and forth to loosen the nut then off she comes. Also explained that a 'new boy' had been using a heat gun on the beer line to soften them up before pushing on to the nipple. This made them brittle and some of them split at the nipple (like mine). I cut a good inch or two from the line and re-did the connection. All good now.

Maybe test which one it is first to save you pulling apart both. If youve got spare keg and dont want to waste beer try putting some water in and forcing it out with C02 at a fairly high pressure to see if it is a split beer line. Once off you can either shorten the beer line or get a brand new length from your LHBS and replace the entire thing if its going to shorten it too much inside the fridge.

Also on a side note do you have any money left after buying that ring...

Maybe test which one it is first to save you pulling apart both. If youve got spare keg and dont want to waste beer try putting some water in and forcing it out with C02 at a fairly high pressure to see if it is a split beer line. Once off you can either shorten the beer line or get a brand new length from your LHBS and replace the entire thing if its going to shorten it too much inside the fridge.

Also on a side note do you have any money left after buying that ring...

Thanks guys, I alrerady knkow which of the two lines it is that is leaking. But yeah, couldn't figure out how to get any tools into the tiny gap, so will try and get those taps loose tomorrow as I have started holidays! Is it just me or is kegging ways harder than actually making the beer. Most of my beer has turned out pretty damn good but my god, it is just new problem after problem, can't wait till I finally get everytihing working like gold.
Lol, yeah the ring. My wife's engagemtn ring. Got married less than a year ago.

Back