HELP KEG FRIDGE DIED!!!!!

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

doctr-dan

Reaction score
Hey guys I'm currently in a fairly devasted state.

Iv been been slowly working on my Keg fridge and today I was attempting to finish the last pieces of the puzzle.

I drilled a hole through the side for the co2 line and as I did I heard a noise which I thought at the time was the battery of my drill hitting the shelving ne didn't think anything of it.

Fast forward till now and I see the temp on the Stc was high and I the fridge hadn't kicked on.

Now I'm wondering if that noise I heard was the compressor turning off and I've hit something!

I can't see anything in the hole when shining a torch in there.

It's n older fridge and has the coil on the back etcso I thought I was safe.

Maybe I've hit a wire? I didn't here any hissing of gass leaking.

The fridge light still works.

I'm devo!

Any fridge guys in th Hornsby NSW area that could have a quick look without charging the world?

I'm thinking I cut a larger hole through the skin only so I can have a better look?

I'm no expert but I believe the older fridges with the coil at the rear didn't have anything in the side. If you were working on the fridge with the door open you may have overloaded the system and the compressor shut done. Check for a reset button on the compressor/ motor.
Also turn fridge off, unplug and leave for an hour or so and see if it will fire up again.

There is a compressor delay setting on the stc which can be confusing when first testing.
It may take a few minutes to start up depending on the setting.
Hope this makes some sense mate.

Grott you nailed it ! It just shut down from the door being open for too long!
Turned it off for a few hours and then turned it back on away she went.

Thank goodness!!!!!!!

Back