Help Forgot To Stir!

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jurule

Reaction score
Bit of a stuff up. I did a coopers draught kit but added the can after half filling the fermenter with cold water. The extract is now just sitting at the bottom. I have pitched the yeast about 7 hours ago. Will the yeast eventually break it up and it will mix or is it too late to try stir it up. Or just leave it?
Thanks!!

Bit of a stuff up. I did a coopers draught kit but added the can after half filling the fermenter with cold water. The extract is now just sitting at the bottom. I have pitched the yeast about 7 hours ago. Will the yeast eventually break it up and it will mix or is it too late to try stir it up. Or just leave it?
Thanks!!

Get after it give it a good old stir.

Cheers guys I had to get my hand in it to reach the bottom with the spoon but I showered and rinsed

Not ideal, but you gotta do what you gotta do.

:beer:

:icon_vomit: Before or after you stirred???

Not sure on the length of your stirrer, but make sure you have a long one! Putting your hand in there is definitely a NO NO.

Fingers crossed for ya.

Diggles

sure this is a joke??? you joined almost 4 years ago and you are asking stuff like this and dipping your hand in it?

Ok sorry not trying to offend but thought you might know them simple facts.

I am not sure stirring will do much? like when you put honey into a glass and add milk, some will mix in but most will stay on the bottom or just sink again. the yeast should get threw it, it may take longer but it should get threw it.

I would add it to the fermenter when you add the rest off your extract to the boiling water in your fermenter.

lucky I do AG as I dont have to worry about adding the kit to it :p

Ok another stab sorry :D

lol you could have just tipped the wort into another fermenter, dissolved the malt at the bottom with warm water, chilled it down and return the wort to the malt.

the yeast around the malt will die but there will be plenty in the wort to multiply again.

Latest posts

Back