Help Finding Hops In California

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Trent

Reaction score
Gday guys
I am on my last few days here, I have heaps to tell, and no time to do it, so it will have to wait until I get home on the weekend. My only problem is, someone once posted the website to a place in California that sold Centennial hops, and a feww others that I want to get my hanbds on, but I saved it to my computer at home, like a fool, and it is no good to me there. I have tried searching this site fopr the thread, but I cant find it. If anyone knows the thread I am talking about, could ya please enlighten me, or repost the name of the place I am searching for? The yellow pages here shows no home brew shops in all of LA, and the only brewery seems to be called Sasona Bakery, so I am a little perplexed. Google and beertown have been no real help either, so I am hoping you guys may be able to point me in the right direction. Otherwise I will have to miss out, due to my own disorganisation!
All the best
Trent

After all your legwork you may have trouble getting them into AUS.

AQIS may not be too interested in foreign hops and the grief at the airport could give you grey hair!

Enquire first with AQIS or does anyone else here have concrete info for Trent?

tdh

tdh said:
After all your legwork you may have trouble getting them into AUS.

AQIS may not be too interested in foreign hops and the grief at the airport could give you grey hair!

Enquire first with AQIS or does anyone else here have concrete info for Trent?

tdh
[post="73385"][/post]​
What, like don't put them in your body board bag? :ph34r:

I would think it would be a pain in the butt too at a guess.

Borret

Probably a pretty good point
I just figured that seeings as we can buy US hop pellets in Oz, then maybe I shouldnt have too much trouble getting them into the country. I wasnt gonna try and bring in flowers or plugs, but maybe the guys at the airport wont make much distinction between the 2. The less headaches I get from them blokes the better, I reckons. I was just gonna declare em anyway cause them damn xray machines dont let too much slide by :(
All the best
Trent

If you cannot get some Centennial hops while you are there, don't worry, Freshops will post to you.

In theory, you can bring pellets or plugs (plain cones are forbidden) into the country, but discussing this in a coherent fashion to the customs officer after a long flight home, when all you want to do is have a shower and go to bed, may be an experience yoy don't want to have.

Checking out a decent brewshop with a big range of books and gear would be high on the to do list.

Oh, and details

TOLL FREE: 1-800-379-4677
Local: 925-875-0246
6398 Dougherty Rd #7
Dublin, CA 94568
Hours/Directions

If it's not too late, And if you are either by Riverside (SoCal) or Concord (NorCal) Stop by teh MoreBeer stores - we have some. Hopefully we can have a beer as well!

Back