Help: Embarrasingly Low Efficiency On First Braumeister Brew.

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
.. and what efficiency are you working on..... Brewhouse, Extraction etc. Heaps of different definitions to muddy the waters and you may not be comparing apples to apples.

But I see you did some BIAB to compare. You calculating the same?

OK silly question I know but worth asking.

You are using the small malt pipe in your 50lt BM, have you adjusted the volume in your brewing software to accommodate this?

I wish it were that simple!

.. and what efficiency are you working on..... Brewhouse, Extraction etc. Heaps of different definitions to muddy the waters and you may not be comparing apples to apples.

But I see you did some BIAB to compare. You calculating the same?

"Total" efficiency from Beersmith....as I did with BIAB.

I am more happy with what I am getting now, even if it isn't what some brewers are getting (see thost 90% threads).

I think most people will be referencing mash efficiency (I always do), which in BS2 if you have it setup with trub losses, will read higher than the total efficiency.

What gap are you milling at? (and what gap is recommended by braumeister owners?)

Personally I have used 0.9mm and 1mm with success. Although watch your gap. I suspect my gap slipped last brew, to beyond 1mm, and I ended up with an inconsistent crush resulting in missing my target by 7 gravity points.

Iam having the same problem with my 20l BM. However I have noticed that my efficiency has decreased over a peroid of the last few months . On that note I'm on tank water and for the first time this year we have had a dry month . Im thinking in my case that maybe as the tank drops effectively it increases the acidity due to the increased percentage of organic matter in the tank being diluted by less water .

So I have bought some salts and doing a bit of reseach on water profiles and will try that on the weekend .Hopefully with the correct PH will have a better result .

I have tried to crack the the grain close to flour , it didnt help like you said just made the pump work harder .

The grain I have had for 6months kept dry and tastes fresh enough . Would older grain reduce the efffieciency ? And what is the shelf life of grain ?

Latest posts

Back