Hello from SA

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

solidute

Reaction score
I used to brew a below par beer and time restraints on top of nasty beer led me to throw in the towel.

I am now keen to get my act together and make a better effort at making a decent beer.

I want to learn how to do biab, partial and all grain brewing, but will need to stick to kk stuff until I gather enough equipment to step up and then find someone to teach me.

Current equipment consists of fermenter made from an 18 gallon keg, a stainless stirring paddle and a bench capper. I had a bottle filler thing but not sure of its whereabouts. So will need to get some new stuff and probably will just get a kit and a spare fermenter or 2

Look forward to learning more about the processes and science behind beer brewing

Welcome solidute, kit and kilo is certainly a good start until you get your processes down pat and produce a decent beer (which is certainly achievable with kits). There is lots of info here to advise but I would recommend using a dry or liquid malt with your tin rather than sugar/dextrose/enhancers, will give a lot better result. But no matter how much you spend on equipment or ingredients if your cleaning, sanitising and temp control of the fermenting brew is below par, you'll always brew crap .

Back