Hello from Canberra

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Bludger

Reaction score
Recently moved to a permanent address and have the time and space to start home brewing again.
Until recently the last brew was probably back in the early 90's. Forgotten anything I knew and have to start again. The brewing world has changed since then, back in the good old days the only readily available yeast was simply labelled "brewers yeast". Now there is a plethora available.
My preference is to brew cider.

Welcome, amazing how things change over last few years not to mention 1990. Good luck catching up - I strongly suggest you brew and brew often. making cider? I hope to do my first mead or cyser soon inorder to have it ready for this Thanksgiving (November in the US) and Christmas. Cheers - Jay

Hey Mate,

Welcome to Canberra and AHB. Have you been along to a Canberra Brewers meeting yet? We meet on the first Thursday of every month at the Harmonie German Club in Narrabundah. We've got a pretty strong, knowledgeable club and we're always keen for new members...

Quite a few of our members brew cider. Last year I won the raffle prize to make a cider at the wig and pen, which was a great experience. We're also looking at an apple picking trip in the coming months....

Happy brewing, maybe we'll see you soon!

Back