Hello Forum Moderator, Anyone There?

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction score
I'm participating in two Bulk Buys at the moment "New Perlick Taps" & "Millmaster Gear Guard" which are both being run really well with good spirit being shown by all party's involved with the deals. The people organizing the Bulk Buys are getting good respect and feedback from the people interested in the buy and the buyers are well informed about how things are progressing as things proceed. These things take a huge amount of time & effort to organise & see through to completion and the people who do them should be encouraged & respected for undertaking such tasks.

However this "Chinese Hops? What's Next" Bulk Buy is a disgrace. When are you going to step up and do some moderating???
Get off topic in some threads and it's instantly censored, which I agree with, but what's your policy on the Bulk Buy threads. If I have to sift through 30 pages of postings by people who have no interest in participating to find 2 pages of relevant information about the Bulk Buy, my enthusiasm for future Bulk Buys would rapidly disapear. No doubt the people who were running them would do the same only a lot quicker.

Maybe people who want to vent their spleen on a Bulk Buy topic should just hit the 'New Topic' button on the web page and go at it from there.

So are Bulk Buy threads to be about the Bulk Buy and the people interested in participating in them? Or open slather for everyone to get off topic, without even marking their post as off topic?

If members can't respect the person who might be trying to organize a Bulk Buy, at least respect the spirit of the Bulk Buy process and the work involved.

If I have to sift through 30 pages of postings by people who have no interest in participating to find 2 pages of relevant information

:icon_offtopic: Can you tell me which 2 pages they were because I dont want to read 27 pages either, but was keen on the BB.

Gregor

The thread you're talking about is in The Pub forum. The BB thread is tiny and not yet officially begun.

I hope this information helps to remove some of the sand from your vagina.

Also, publicly questioning moderation decisions is breaking one of the few rules set by admin. Have a think about that for a minute.

I disagree,

The Chinese Hops thread is in the pub, and that should be able to go anywhere. The Bulk buy thread is fairly short, and very much to the point. I'm loving the longer thread. Keep it up.

:icon_offtopic: Can you tell me which 2 pages they were because I dont want to read 27 pages either, but was keen on the BB.

Gregor
No I stopped reading after a few pages. I'd ordered mine through Graham's beagle email address when I listened to his show. An interesting detail though is that the 'New Perlick Taps' Bulk Buy is only 17 pages long and is just full of relevant information and goodwill by everyone concerned.

The chinese hop thread is being organised by Townsville, and if he has a problem with the debate in his thread all the extra posts can and will be moved or deleted, but since he is engaging in the debate, I guess that is just the way he wants to manage his bulk buy, which is of course his, and is not regulated, sponsored or managed by AHB or the moderators. Closing this thread, lest it should become a topic to moan about moderation, which is of course sehr verboden on AHB, as moderators are exhalted on high, and must never be questioned.

The bulk buy discussion in that thread is the off-topic part.

I am sure the actual bulk buy thread for this deal will be well run and civil.

Hey!

If you're not willing to read the whole 30 pages, keep it to yourself - no need to create a whinge on a new thread.

The thread did develop from the original posters' idea, but just stayed where it was for convenience sake. Townsville made it quite clear that he would post a new thread when the BB was ready to start.

end rant. :p

InCider.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back