Hello,coopers canadian blonde

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Viking41

Reaction score
Hello my first post on this forum,just want to say hello.I have a coopers canadian blond in the fermenter with 500gr of dme and 700gr of dextro.I have bought me a cool brewing bag and i have 18-19 c with two 1,5l bootels,and i have 25c in the brewroom.I have done a few kits before with lot of bad flavors so i hope for better results for this time with the cool brew bag :party:

Welcome mate!!

Hope the brew turns out good!

Did you plan on adding any hops (dry)?

I did a blonde a few months ago and dry hopped on day 7 (of 14) with 12g of Tettnanger. Turned out pretty good.

Cheers!!

Just finished sanitizing my bottles. I'm bottling 2 fermenters of Canadian blonde tonight. Both hopped with Nelson and Amarillo. One I added some steeped grains. Should be a good comparison. I've heard good things about this kit so I hope it turns out nice.

The Canadian Blonde and Mexican Cervesa are fairly tasteless but make great bases so well done using the extra hops. As yob said cut down the dex. 1 kg of dme and 200g of dex will make a better beer.

Consider buying some different yeast. US-05 is a good, widely available and easy to use yeast that will produce a beer closer to what you seem to be after. Not that the kit yeast is "bad" but i have found the yeast supplied is wrong for style and some of it has been sitting on shelves for a long time.

Brewing your first really nice beer will be a proud and eye-opening experience. Welcome aboard.

Thanks for the answers,well shacked i boiled some tettnanger 12gr with the dme for 10min i forgo t to tell that.And i am looking a lot at craig tube,he did a canadian blond with som dextro and dme and he said that was a good beer.By the way.....i never seen a video with craig when he dont like his brews lol.

Brewers are a bit like gamblers - you only hear about the successes.
Why tell the world of your failures - keep them to yourself and enjoy your successes.

At least with brewing the successes can be frequent and the failures are educational and few and far between.

20140724_184926.jpg Hello again her is my beer a nice good and refreshing beer with no of flavor.I had a problem with this before but not now :) i controlled my brew temperature at 18 c this time.Sorry for the picture

Glad to hear it went well Viking, I like the Canadian Blonde kit too. Success is so encouraging, soon you'll be trying all different kinds of hops to see how they taste brewing non-stop :D

Back