Hello and thanks

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

AndrewF

Reaction score
Hi all, just wanted to say a quick hello. I have been brewing BIAB for about 6 months now and am making better beer with each batch (I think so anyway). I have started rinsing/slanting/freezing yeast and playing around with my water chemistry. So much of what I have learned so far has come from searching the wealth of information on this site. So I just want to say thanks for sharing your knowledge it seems like a great community here.

Cheers.

Welcome Andrew. What variety of BIAB?

You've come in at a good point in home brew history, go back six years ago on this and some other forums and BIAB was pretty much:

stormfront.jpg

Nowadays it's well established and dare I say award winning in many cases, welcome to the obsession. :super:

Hi Andrew, I also BIAB and have been making all grain brews since October last year.
I am sorry however that you live in Victoria.
We can't have everything.

Bribie G said:
Welcome Andrew. What variety of BIAB
I use a converted keg and gas burner, the minimal cost and investment in equipment of BIAB brewing made going to AG brewing easy.

indica86 said:
Hi Andrew, I also BIAB and have been making all grain brews since October last year.
I am sorry however that you live in Victoria.
We can't have everything.
I see your in FNQ I am from Cairns originally. I'll take a Melbourne winter over a Cairns summer any day, me and that humidity don't get along. Great spot though.

Gotta love that BIAB has "types" now.

Goes to prove Bribie's point of it being considered a mature and credible method. We are less obsessed with the differences in wort production equipment and more about the product.

Back