Hello...and sorry but I need help

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Usual long time lurker, I generally have found all my questions answered here so havent found the need to post. Now im lost, I feel its something stupid ive overlooked but I cant get gas into my kegs ??? Been having the problem for months but its usually comes good, not this time. So
1) I have gas in the bottle and charged it to 40psi
2)Pin lock gas couplings I can push the pin in and get gas out
3) I can easily push in the pin on the keg
4)I thought maybe either the plastic centre gas valve/pin was worn or the pin lock grooves were worn (on the disconnect)so there was too much space between gas line pin and keg pin so bought a new gas disconnect this worked fine until I snipped up the gas post(Id removed it earlier looking for problems with it and it leaked)now no gas flow
5)The gas post has a indent, I have filled the indent to see if it just needed a extra mm or so of travel to open up either valve- no joy
6)I have just removed the guts of both the disconnect and the post and have gas in the keg. This is obviously not a solution but the problem is right there with either the disconnect(old and new ?) or post which seems more likely...thinking I havent put a kit thru this in some time but would anything shut closed like this if it was worn and on 2 kegs at the same time? Will order new kits anyway but would appreciate some thoughts if anyone has the time and any ideas.

TLDR: Brewer is forced to buy beer because he cant carbonate his home brewed english ale for reasons unknown

The more I think about it its got to be the bloody posts, its been a couple of years since I put a seal kit on them but really strange they've gone at the same time. Hmmm

Sure I got no replies coz it baffled everyone, talking to my lhbs it occurred to me I had taken out the gas dip tubes 6 months ago. I think this was the problem. Cheers from Cooran in Qld

Back