Hello All

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jimblanca

Reaction score
Hello All,

I just joined this group and would like to introduce myself. My name is Jim and I have been a homebrewer for about 3 years now. I live in the Cleveland, Ohio area. I enjoy making all styles of beers but have been concentrating on Pale Ales lately. I just finished setting up equipment for all grain brewing.

My son, who works for BP Oil, has been transferred to Brisbane for a year and my wife and I will be visiting sometime in early December. So, I would appreciate any suggestions of brew pubs, microbreweries, etc. that I should stop in while we are there. Also, any other sites that we should visit.

Thanks in advance,
Jim

G'day Jim, and welcome to the madness. I hope you enjoy your time here.

I'm on the wrong side of the country, but I'm sure some of the locals will be able to help you out with your queries.

nonicman said:
Hi Jim,

In Brisbane, Oxford 152 is a good brew pub.
[post="72972"][/post]​

I am sure the Brisbane boys will have a get together for you Jim

You invited to drop into Batz Brewery if you take a trip up into the Hinterlands

Batz

nonicman said:
Hi Jim,

In Brisbane, Oxford 152 is a good brew pub.
[post="72972"][/post]​

G'day Jim,
Welcome to the forum. We will probably bump into each other sooner or later. :)
The Breakfast Creek hotel in Brissie is a great pub. You will love the atmosphere & the steaks.
The Sunshine Coast Brewery (an hours drive north at Maroochydore) is a good little boutique brewery.

:beer:

gday and welcome......let me know when your in town, ill join you for a beer or 10

Gidday Jim, The site below is a good site for a bit of a cruise around. If you click on the AU Breweries tab it will list all of the big and little breweries in Australia.

http://www.realbeer.com.au/

It will nice and hot in December - great for going to the beach for a dip before going off for a long lunch/dinner at one of the micro's! Enjoy!

Hello All,
Thanks for all the responses. Yes, I would really enjoy getting together and tipping one or two or many with all of you. I will keep in touch and let you know how our travel plans develop and the exact dates that we will be there. Right now, it looks like we will get there some time around November 30th and probably stay through the Christmas holidays and be back to the States for the New Year.

I told my wife that one of my goals is to visit as many brew pubs/microbreweries as possible. Hopefully, bring back some good recipes, too. If there are any clubs that are meeting while we are there I would like to stop in and say hello.

Thanks again and see you in a couple of months,
Jim

Back