Hello all

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Mickomoose

Reaction score
Morning everyone, I'm pretty new to homebrewing and having signed up to the forum because I want to learn and ask questions from more experienced brewers. I've done a couple of all grain batches and currently fermenting a Belgian Dubbel.

Wow, welcome to the forum.
You're brave to be doing a Belgian Dubbel at this stage.
I'm planning to do one as soon as I rebuild my brewery after a recent interstate move.
Care to share your recipe?
I've found a link which I hope to follow: Make Your Best Belgian Dubbel
I have brewed a Belgian Dark Stong some time back with WY3787. It reached it's peak only after 3 or 4 years bottle ageing.

Wow, welcome to the forum.
You're brave to be doing a Belgian Dubbel at this stage.
I'm planning to do one as soon as I rebuild my brewery after a recent interstate move.
Care to share your recipe?
I've found a link which I hope to follow: Make Your Best Belgian Dubbel
I have brewed a Belgian Dark Stong some time back with WY3787. It reached it's peak only after 3 or 4 years bottle ageing.
Thanks Philrob. Luckily I don't what I'm getting into so I don't know whether or not its brave :).

The recipe in your link looks tasty! The one I went with is from David Heath:
Brewfather.
I got into a bit of a panic while mashing and accidentally threw in most of a full 1kg bag of corn grits instead of the 130gms I'd put aside for the recipe so I don't know how its going to turn out - hopefully not destined for the gutter!

I love Belgian beers and want to try some other recipes and yeast strains. I also like the idea of beers I can put away and age (my second brew was an English Barley Wine). I want to try a Wee Heavy next - and then perhaps try my hand at some more hop forward styles...

Hello and welcome. Enjoy the forum and brewing!

Latest posts

Back