Height Of Corny Keg?

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Truman42

Reaction score
Could someone please be so kind as to measure the height and diameter of a standard corny keg for me. The ball lock type with the ring pull pressure relief valve, as I think the other type that doesnt have the ring pull pressure relief valve and may also be pin lock, are slightly smaller in height.

I want to see if they are going to fit in my bar fridge that has a full width freezer section.

Thanks heaps.

Thanks for that..theres a post for everything isnt there?? :icon_cheers:

Thanks for that..theres a post for everything isnt there?? :icon_cheers:
It's really amazing.
Something as simple as typing "corny ke" into google yields that thread as the first result.

keg.png

Amazing..Truly amazing.

What is being forgotten here is that years of browsing Google with brewing as the major subject will have "corny ke" come up with this site and keg info.

If you were really, really into Clowns you'd get a web page on how to ride a unicycle.

Not saying Truman is a clown though. :unsure:

allow some extra height to get disconnects on etc. i can get 2 cornies into my bar fridge but only one has the clearance to fit the disconnects due to sitting on the compressor hump.

i can ferment a lager in a jerry and dispense one keg simultaneuosly which is handy.

Damn it, I only have 530mm clearance under the freezer section of my bar fridge. Theres no way a corny is goin to fit under that.

My fermenting fridge only has a 1/2 section freezer so the keg would fit in that, but i dont think my fermenter will fit in the other fridge.

Anyone at home that can measure the height of a blue willow cube 20 litre for me and the height and diameter of a round fermenter, 20-25 litre or whatever that size is?

Thanks heaps

Damn it, I only have 530mm clearance under the freezer section of my bar fridge. Theres no way a corny is goin to fit under that.

My fermenting fridge only has a 1/2 section freezer so the keg would fit in that, but i dont think my fermenter will fit in the other fridge.

Anyone at home that can measure the height of a blue willow cube 20 litre for me and the height and diameter of a round fermenter, 20-25 litre or whatever that size is?

Thanks heaps

Remove the freezer section

Its just a bar fridge. I thought the freezer section is what keeps the fridge section cool as well.

Blue jerrycans are ~520 high, but the limiting factor is that they are 400 wide including the tap.

I have to nip the tap handle flap off (still works) to get a jerry in my fermenting bar fridge and it fits by a mm or two.

if your game bend it..
and this happens :)

this is a kelvinator after bending
i got it for free but the thermo is stuffed (just keeps running) so i run it on a st1000

i used sellys "kneedit" to stick it back on... lol looks like bubble gum stuck in there :icon_drunk:

DSCF5205.JPG

do you have a fermenter? If so, tape measures can be purchased at bunnings. Do you have a blue willow cube? If not, they sell them at bunnings, also...oddly enough, that's where they also sell tape measures. Which makes life easy. You can pop in, get a tape measure off the shelf, measure the cube, and then, if it's not right for you, put the tape measure back on the shelf, leave the cube, and then bugger off home to contemplate your navel, possibly stopping for a snorker sandwhich with onions on the way out, if there is a barbie on.....which makes the whole trip worthwhile, in any event.

Amazing.. Truly amazing. ds

[quote name='Mike L'Itorus' post='935508' date='Jul 17 2012, 10:41 AM']do you have a fermenter? If so, tape measures can be purchased at bunnings. Do you have a blue willow cube? If not, they sell them at bunnings, also...oddly enough, that's where they also sell tape measures. Which makes life easy. You can pop in, get a tape measure off the shelf, measure the cube, and then, if it's not right for you, put the tape measure back on the shelf, leave the cube, and then bugger off home to contemplate your navel, possibly stopping for a snorker sandwhich with onions on the way out, if there is a barbie on.....which makes the whole trip worthwhile, in any event.

Amazing.. Truly amazing. ds[/quote]

Yes I have all of those but at home, and Im at work, as is my second fridge. Its quiet today so gives me something to do.

If someone was at home and willing to help a brother out then all well and good. If not then I can do all this when I get home tonight.

Thanks to Nick and others for helping out.

Yes I have all of those but at home, and Im at work, as is my second fridge. Its quiet today so gives me something to do.

If someone was at home and willing to help a brother out then all well and good. If not then I can do all this when I get home tonight.

Thanks to Nick and others for helping out.

So....you have access to all the information and/or the tools required to answer your own question....but, you are so impatient for the answer that you are requesting other people to run around and do the legwork for you?...

Let me know next time you want to urinate, and I'll come over and hold your old fella for you. Just make sure you give me at least eight hours notice, to cover travelling time.
:rolleyes:

I thought 'twitter' was the place to go for inane thoughts that just pop into one's head.... :huh:

[quote name='Mike L'Itorus' post='935523' date='Jul 17 2012, 12:01 PM']So....you have access to all the information and/or the tools required to answer your own question....but, you are so impatient for the answer that you are requesting other people to run around and do the legwork for you?...

Let me know next time you want to urinate, and I'll come over and hold your old fella for you. Just make sure you give me at least eight hours notice, to cover travelling time.
:rolleyes:

I thought 'twitter' was the place to go for inane thoughts that just pop into one's head.... :huh:[/quote]

No Im asking if someone doesnt mind measuring it for me as Im at work and am trying to work out my options whilst we are quiet. And it appears that there are people who dont mind helping out, just like I would do the same and have when others have asked for similar information. Unlike you who seem to have a problem with it and want to come on here and complain about it.

Quite simple really, if you dont like it, dont read the thread and dont reply, no ones forcing you too, just like I didn't force anyone to measure their cubes for me. They did it because there are plenty of people on here who like to help.

And because they did I've held off on a purchase I was going to make today.

No Im asking if someone doesnt mind measuring it for me as Im at work and am trying to work out my options whilst we are quiet. And it appears that there are people who dont mind helping out, just like I would do the same and have when others have asked for similar information. Unlike you who seem to have a problem with it and want to come on here and complain about it.

Quite simple really, if you dont like it, dont read the thread and dont reply, no ones forcing you too, just like I didn't force anyone to measure their cubes for me. They did it because there are plenty of people on here who like to help.

And because they did I've held off on a purchase I was going to make today.

MV5BNzI3OTk0MTAxMl5BMl5BanBnXkFtZTYwMzY2OTc2__V1__SX267_SY400_(1).jpeg

Why are you posting instead of working, Truman?...Why?....
:lol:

[quote name='Mike L'Itorus' post='935533' date='Jul 17 2012, 12:33 PM']
MV5BNzI3OTk0MTAxMl5BMl5BanBnXkFtZTYwMzY2OTc2__V1__SX267_SY400_(1).jpeg

Why are you posting instead of working, Truman?...Why?....
:lol:[/quote]

Because we are dead quiet and Im bored Shitless. Just had four days off and couldnt be stuffed getting back into it. Need to ease back into work mode... :icon_cheers:

I'm almost sure he Truman starts these threads to keep his post count up! :ph34r:

Back