Heating Element

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mattieharding

Reaction score
Hey guys tried installing a 2400w element from a kettle today into my keggle conversion
Cant get it to seal anyone have any ideas?

What else are people using? Are the craftbrewer ones ok?

I find that sometimes the CB silicone washer does the better job and sometimes the orange silicone o-ring. Can never really put my finger on why, maybe one works better on a flatter surface or something - so if you get them from there, get one of each.

What sort of washer was it and diameter?

its the washer out of the jug i pulled the element from, just an orange one.

its about 40mm diameter.

silicone oven mat thingo.... cut into any shape you want, multiple layers to pad it out ?

Yeah the pot is thinner than the wall of the kettle so the screws bottom out when you tighten them up. Either use shorter screws (M3 I think) or pack it out with something, could maybe cut the element hole section out of the jug? I just cut a packing washer out of 3mm ply

couldnt wait, attacked the jug with a hacksaw and used a cutout of the existing hole as a spacer worked a treat.

Will give it a go in tomorrow and see how it heats up, then wrap the keggle with a layer of insulation and will be nearly time for a full run

Cheers for the help guys

Latest posts

Back