Heater Pad Temp Control

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Brendandrage

Reaction score
Hi all, hopefully the last post for tonight, :icon_chickcheers:
I live in echuca on the border of nsw and vic so the tempurature is a little crazy at this time of the year, anyway i dont really have a suitable place to brew that holds a constant temp so i bought one of the heating pads which seems to do a good job at consitancy holding the wort at 24 -24.9 degrees.However my reading/learning so far seems to indicate this is on the high side so i was wondering if anyone could suggest a method to reduce the temp being transfered to the fermenter?
Cheers

Move the fermenter so it is half on/off the heat pad?

search for stc-1000

^that.

or if the ghetto method interests you, go get a cheap electrical timer that you plug into the wall. The "manual" ones have increments of 10 or 5 minutes or something like that. The digital ones can go on and off in 1 minuute increments.

Experimentation will be required.

Build yourself an STC-1000 temp controller for 40$ and then you can maintain the temp of your beer within +-0.3C of virtually anything

insulate the fermentor or build a box for it/bung it in an old fridge for better temp control.....cheers...spog.......Build yourself an STC-1000 temp controller for 40$ and then you can maintain the temp of your beer within +-0.3C of virtually anything

Back