Heater and Cooler System for brewing other than another fridge

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

trustyrusty

Reaction score
Hi Guys
FYI
I have been using a Dyson fan that has cooling and heating 12 - 28 degrees. I am not going for a 4th fridge! No space and No discussion :) . I am thinking of making my own rig so I don't have to explain where the heater is :)

Dyson is expensive but they are only one that I can see that does cooling... pretty good. Are there any other makes that do heating and cooling. I was thinking of a stand alone aircon unit but quite large? I have a sealed room that works fine in...mainly in winter to heat up. I was think of an old small cupboard that FV fits in, and perhaps some polystyrene to insulate.Or I could make a box with wood from nearby second hand supplies, plenty of good stuff there.

I have seen a $15.00 fan heater and $19.00 STC 1000 so you could do that for heat side, it is the cooler that is the issue. I have only seen a dyson - I wonder if there are cheaper makes?

I have just seen a thermostat wall plug for heaters at the good guys, looks quite good. Does not say the range...

https://www.thegoodguys.com.au/heaterma-digital-thermostat-for-heaters-th-810t

I think there was an evaporate cooler for 119.00 but I dont know how low temp goes but that and a 39.00

plug might be OK. or stc-1000 might be better, as the probe will be in area.

You could make some good rigs with bits and pieces I guess. Any ideas from past experiences ?

Thanks

How's that Dyson go for cooling ability? If it's 35 degrees outside will it be able to keep your ales at 18? Looks like voodoo to me....

I have it in quite an insultated room, and it does switches in an out at 18, but I am suggesting use it a small insultated area, like box or cupboard... think it will work well. I am going to try in a cupboard am, let you know

Back