Health Warnings On Beer

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Doc

Doctor's Orders Brewing
Reaction score
This is being introduced now in the UK by Scottish and Newcastle on their beers with other set to follow suit.

Wonder how long before it happens down here ?

Beers,
Doc

The company's warnings will be headed "UK Alcohol Units" and contain a message saying: "Responsible drinkers don't exceed three to four units a day for men, two to three for women."

The warnings will be prominent, and also say how many units of alcohol the can or bottle contains, typically about two units for a can of lager.

Scottish & Newcastle will initially place the warnings on bottles and cans of Newcastle Brown Ale, then extend them to its other brands, which also include John Smith's bitter.

And no doubt with about as much effect as the warnings on the ciggy packets.

I would love to see ingredients lists on beer, and I reckon that health warnings are a step towards that happening.

dreamboat

Bobby said:
Cool Bobby.
I did see your post but didn't follow it because it had no real description.

I've actually been following the press on it for a few days and have held of posting.

I like the idea of listing ingredients on the label dreamboat. Especially if they put in percentages. VB : Barley, Cane Sugar 20%, ISO hop extract 1ml/1 hectolitre, water.

Beers,
Doc

I like the idea of listing ingredients on the label dreamboat. Especially if they put in percentages. VB : Barley, Cane Sugar 20%, ISO hop extract 1ml/1 hectolitre, water

0.1% barley
19.9% cane sugar
80% cat piss

They feed the cat barley and sugar then bottle its piss

If I remember correctly the UK is one of the few places where you can add several different preservatives to beer, unless they've changed that of late. I think they should have to declare that crap on the label too if they don't already.

Back