Heading to USA in a couple weeks...

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Hi, I'm heading to the US in a couple weeks for work. Mainly travelling to about Southern States, predominantly in Atlanta, Georgia.

Is there any markedly cheaper homebrew gear/ ingredients/ consumables that are worth getting over there and bringing back?

Anyone know any other US-based forums that have a similar buy/sell marketplace that may also have some cheap 2nd-hand gear?

Lucky for me I get to fly business class so I have a generous baggage allowance.

Cheers, Steve

Enzymes seem to be easier to buy in quantity in the US .

Not that this would impact greatly on your weight, but I could'nt find a supplier in Australia selling erlenmeyer flask foam stoppers (instead of foil) for making a yeast starter. Got some in the U.S. last month. If you are into Randals and don't want to make one yourself and cashed up, then a Dogfish Head Randall 3.0 could be an idea.

One more thought: some of the retailers have good deals / "deal of the day". Often includes free shipping. You could get something delivered to wherever you're staying and bring it back out here. I always liked the MoreBeer site (and they had a brick and mortar store close by in CA).

Back