HDA Closure (Probably)

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Yob

Hop to it
Reaction score
Its with some reluctance and sadness that this announcement comes.

When I launched HDA here, it was an exciting time of bringing Dealz to the community (laregly unheard of in this format at the time), over the years, none of that excitement faded and I get just as much joy from it now as I did then.

Several factors are pointing towards the need for this to happen, not the least of which is the family, I feel they are getting a little short changed out of the volume of time required to service HDA, but that is mostly a manageable thing, the late nights splitting and packing I can deal with, hell, it's wicked fun opening big packages of weed hops and splitting them up.

That shit never get old.

There is plenty of other things going on in the Yob world, big things, that require attention and time, I'm looking into some new ventures that are likely to consume a vast amount of time over the next few months and I wont be able to service them all and HDA to the level of quality I set for myself. It must be said they are exciting ventures and promise, with the right amount of attention, to mean good things in the Yob Family future, again, time being one of the large factors.

There are several ways this can go, Im not dropping off the cliff, HDA will operate as normal for at least a few months I expect but its likely after that time that I'll transition out of a full time service to the community. It's quite likely that I'll keep my contacts and will still do a fair bit of buying of stocks.. but its likely to be in a bulk buy scenario a few times a year for Melbourne folks who want in and can also help with the splitting of them, like a big old BBQ and split day.. something like that.. Its not fully clear to me yet but will play out in time. After all.. bulk buys are my true passion and calling B)

None of this is certain yet, just thought I'd put it out there.

Even at this point, I'd like to sincerely thank all the supporters of HDA over the years, it's been truly humbling, the support Ive been shown in this crazy arse venture.. and **** me if Ive not learned a shitload not only about hops but myself (and people) as well. Its been a fantastic journey and one Im extremely proud to have done. Just launching was a terrifying experience and this announcement is no less so.

At the end of the day, If I can make the new ventures come together, bigger and better things await.

:party:

Yob

Both sorry to read this and excited for what the future holds.
Cheers!

good luck with your future, but ill sure miss those hop dealz

ZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZ....................ZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZ....Someone adjust the drag on this reel PLEASE!....

No Problems, mate. I'm sure you'll do well.

I know it.

MartinOC said:
ZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZ....................ZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZ....Someone adjust the drag on this reel PLEASE!....

No Problems, mate. I'm sure you'll do well.

I know it.
you on the Bummock again?

Cheers the hellraiser - for he has a plan.

p17Zs.gif

All the best for the future Yob, hope it all works out man.
Cheers.

Sad and sorry to hear Yob,

Loved the times the HDA packages arrived on my door step, was like christmas day every time.

All the best for the future with family and business ventures.

Cheers,
Beamer

All the best what ever you do Yob and thanks for the opportunity to buy ridiculously large quantities of hops that should last me a very long time. Or not depending on my brewing habits.

nosco said:
All the best what ever you do Yob and thanks for the opportunity to buy ridiculously large quantities of hops that should last me a very long time. Or not depending on my brewing habits.
I rekon your freezer looks like mine man.. Brew ON and brew Large

Its a pleasure

NOOoooooooooo!!!
But where are all of us bargain hunting cheapskates gonna get the precious green from?!? Selfish, I tells you! [emoji185] (not that I was a big buyer anyway [emoji57])

That's very sad you're slowing down the HDA side of things, though totally understandable from a life perspective.
And very exciting to see what the next new cunning development will be! (WW BB??[emoji185])
Thanks for the heads up.

All the best, and many many thanks for all your hard work thus far, on both HDA and the BBs. And the Case Swaps [emoji481].

Yob said:
Nick and I are going fishing...
With bum, maybe?? [emoji52]

Good luck Jesse, Family and Future First mate!

I did some Life Coaching back in WA ... it cost me more than I got from it ~ Australians aren't really in to that kind of thing, however;

What I did find with busy people was that often they didn't need more goals and action plans to get where they wanted to go. They needed to strip things back, discarding things that were not relevant or taking up too much time, things blocking their pathway forward. Sometimes you have to lighten the load to make it across the river.

Clearly you're aware of that and are a great operator too, so you probably won't be needing any luck with future goals but I'm sending some good vibes your way anyway.

cheers mate
Jonny

Wow huge news!

Good on you mate, family and mental health first I say.

It takes a brave person to step back and look at the bigger picture. I think it takes a braver person to actually change that picture especially when it involves stopping something you love and feel passionate about. My hat goes off to you.

All the very best and I look forward to hearing about the new adventure!

Sorry to see another titan fall! I'll bring the bait. :party:

Yob, your new plans sound just as exciting - I wish you the best of luck!

Latest posts

Back