Have Now Bottled My Lager!

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jamieh

Reaction score
hey guys, myself and my fiancee have now bottled my beer in longnecks...around 30 odd longnecks, the alcohol content is around 4.4%....better to leave it for around 3 weeks at room temp before putting it in the fridge to drink??....hopefully will taste nice...it was nice and clear as i transfered the beer between a couple of fermenters to filter out the sediment.

Good stuff.

I can't remember what the recipe was but leaving beer for a bit longer usually helps unless it's something like a wheat beer. Flavours mature and smooth out, carbonatiuon happens etc.

Definitely try one or two after three weeks but if you can wait or at least save a few for a few months just to compare the difference, it will help your future brewing.

I say this as someone who struggles to wait the rewquisite 2 weeks but that's as much due to being a poor student as anything else. There's free beer in my shed.

If it doesn't work or it's not as good as you think you'd like, by all means do not give up. Try and work out what the next step should be and take it from there. Good luck and happy brewing.

Does nothing but get in the way of mine. :ph34r:

I'm more of a Bum man myself Bum

:lol: :lol: :lol:

If it's a kit brew then give it at least 3 weeks because kits take a lot longer to come smooth and clean. One of the advantages of all grain is that the beers are often at their best when they are fairly young.

well the beer is pretty clear and clean cos i transfered the beer between 2-3 fermenters, so when it was bottled it was looking pretty good....so now its just to see how it tastes after 3 weeks...and leave a few sitting in the garage for a couple of months....cant wait fellas...!

Back