Have I ruined my lager

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

brend0n

Reaction score
Hey all, I've just kegged 2 x 19lt lagers and made a mistake and put 100gm of dex in????? Have I ruined it?

You mean 100g dex in the keg, to carbonate it?
I can't see it being ruined - just a little bit extra carbed.
Pull the PRV a few times a day to release excess, should be fine.

yeah 100gm of dex in the keg, i like a bit of natural carb rather than just straight co2, but wasnt thinking and put in too much, having said that the hottest the brew got was 18 degrees so im hoping its not too much?

Maybe just check the carb after a few days and once your happy with it just put it in the fridge to chill and stop the yeast. It may keep fermenting but not as quick as if you leave it at ambient.

Cheers

Robbo

So I tasted it and it tastes like
Lolly water, faaark, so should I leave it out to ferment out? , put it back in fermenter and add a little yeast and redo it? I'm out of ideas now, would hate to throw out 40lt ideas anyone

if it just tastes a bit sweet pull the kegs out of the fridge and let the sugar ferment out. only problem you may encounter is it may be a bit overcarbed if you started to force carb in the keg, and the first couple of pints may pour a bit murky from the extra sediment in the bottom of the keg rdwhahb ;)

Latest posts

Back