Has The World Gone Mad?

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Bribie G

Adjunct Professor
Reaction score
I'm going nitro and popped into the Bribie Island RSL to see how a stout tap is operated - it's the only place on the island with Guinness on tap. I hadn't been there for a couple of years, membership expired and I had to rejoin before I could head for the bar.

Usual suspects, XXXX heavy, Carlton Mid, the Guinness tap, Cascade light for the old guys, Red Oak Organic Pale Ale..

WHAAAAAAAAA?

:eek: :eek: :eek: :eek:

My God, Guinness promptly forgotten about. I'll be back tomorrow on the bus so I won't have to drive. Woot.
How is such a thing possible?

A bit like doing E-harmony and ending up on a date with Scarlett.

Hope it lasts.

I'm going nitro and popped into the Bribie Island RSL to see how a stout tap is operated - it's the only place on the island with Guinness on tap. I hadn't been there for a couple of years, membership expired and I had to rejoin before I could head for the bar.

Usual suspects, XXXX heavy, Carlton Mid, the Guinness tap, Cascade light for the old guys, Red Oak Organic Pale Ale..

WHAAAAAAAAA?

:eek: :eek: :eek: :eek:

My God, Guinness promptly forgotten about. I'll be back tomorrow on the bus so I won't have to drive. Woot.
How is such a thing possible?

A bit like doing E-harmony and ending up on a date with Scarlett.

Hope it lasts.

Might have to get the bus as well, feel like a couple "beers" that is.

Beats an Old at the Bowels Club ;)

Anything past Chermy is too far north for me :D

Hate to burst your bubble, but I just got back from NYC.

I honestly had to look hard to find megaswill on tap, anywhere. Miller, Coors & Bud are as rare as craft brew is here in Australia. You walk into a hamburger restaurant - 5 craft brews on draught and another 20 in bottles. Convenience stores have signs out the front with "Craft beer sold here" plastered on their windows. Walk into a proper bar and it gets even better, out of control. We have a long, long way to catch up here in the land downunder.

The world hasn't gone mad, it is ******* mad. Not in a good way either.

Caring about Lara Bingle's dress problems enough to make a TV show out of it is probably one indication but I could make you a list.

The world hasn't gone mad, it is ******* mad. Not in a good way either.

Speak for yourself buddy. I reckon it went mad in a completely awesome way.

Did you ever hear of coffee stouts, black American IPAs or russian imperial barley wines in the 80's?

Nope. Didnt think so. You can take your 'the world is going to hell in a handbasket' doctrine with you to wherever you're going but for me, I'll be loving the fruits of the brewers all the way there.

UK IPA existed way before the 80s though and while most of the pop music was drivel, it still is and at least we had bands like Coil, Swans and Dead Kennedys to make it all better. I like UK IPA (good ones) better than US IPA most of the time.

There are some good things about today compared with the 80s I'll grant - one of those is that I'm not at school and living with my parents anymore.

By the way when I say it is ******* mad, I mean it is. Not has gone, not was and not will be.

Is. And always has been. Us humans should be locked up.

Latest posts

Back