Has mash ph been an improvement for you?

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Noooooo. Please don't. Testing ph requires strict accuracy. Ph strips can be too far apart to be worthwhile using. You can do more harm than good with those (Says John Palmer in his latest revision of "how to brew")

I have ph 5.2 stabiliser for my next brew as tge last quarters report was 6.8. Does anyone else use this? It'll be my first time

This stuff is garbage, don’t let it anywhere near your beer. There are plenty of threads about it if you search the forum.

Does anyone have a PH adjustment calculator for dummies?
Like where I can put in my PH and it tells me what to do?

I am extremely non-scientific and get a headache just looking at a lot of the shit in the calculators I've seen

Bru'n Water!

ed: you may see it and think it's not for dummies.. but I was able to use it. So yes, yes it is.

I'd imagine anyone wanting to drop their sparge water pH would start by knowing what that initial pH is. So measuring water pH has it's place.

Last edited:
Bru'n Water!

ed: you may see it and think it's not for dummies.. but I was able to use it. So yes, yes it is.
I gave it a go, does this look right?

Attachments

• Capture.PNG
    Capture.PNG
    34.8 KB · Views: 87
I gave it a go, does this look right?
Can't know for sure without seeing what you entered as your Existing Water Profile.

Also that looks like an older version, make sure to grab the latest which I believe is 1.18

I've got 1.18a - fresh off the site
this is the water profile, based off what info i had from the Yarra Valley report. They didn't have everything, and have only mean values (for the whole area) for some things

Attachments

• Capture2.PNG
    Capture2.PNG
    56.7 KB · Views: 79
I'd imagine anyone wanting to drop their sparge water pH would start by knowing what that initial pH is. So measuring water pH has it's place.

Absolutely. Just don't use it on its own as an indication of how to get to target mash pH.

Latest posts

Back