Has Fermentation Stoped/safe To Bottle

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Wow, that's an incredibly long time! Maybe it might pay to give it a gentle swirl if you haven't already.

I have only stirred it once about 3 weeks ago when the airlock stopped bubbling and it had a high gravity reading, might give it another stir...

Don't stir it, leave the lid on. Just pick it up and swirl it around a bit, gently without splashing.

Will do....
I'll come back to it in a couple of days..
Thanks

Thanks for your help guys but my ginger beer was a fail.... It looked fine but didn't smell good at all so I dumped it - a $20 learning experience. I have since changed my fermenter to a proper screw top one and I installed a tap and an airlock. Hopefully I will have better luck with my next batch. Might try a GB kit next time...

Thats a shame mate. Did you have a taste? Some of my brews smell like paint stripper when they first fire up but that bad smell disappears after a while...

Wasn't game to unfortunately..... I had my bro (who is reasonably experienced- a lot more than me anyway) take a look at it and told me to chuck it... not to worry though... I'll have another crack. I think the problem was the yeast that I used.... I got it posted to me and I think that half of it died in transit. I'll only use yeast from my LHBS next time... Got an apple cider going now and that always turns out trumps so I'll stick with the kits at this stage...

Latest posts

Back