Has Anyone Used Windsor Yeast

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

m3taL

Reaction score
Has anyone used this yeast??

My fermenter went Bazurk when i pitched it at 24c and i let it cool down to 22 over 24h then went to 20c after 48h

Ever since then it has seemed to have stalled fermentation OG 1043, SG1020 48 hours ago and SG1020 tonight no airlock activity no smell in my cupboard.......

I put it in a bath of 24c water tonight and brought it upto 22c and have now put it back on a raised box and off the tiles in the cupboard... so i'll see if i can get it active again.....

Just want to know if anyone has used this yeast at 20c before or if it might want to be warmer.....

windsor.jpg

If it has finished (check gravity for the next few days) the low attenuation could have more to do with the brew, airation etc. But windsor is a low attenuator, its a beautiful yeast in a low alc english ale. Airlock activity does not mean its finished or not.

Are you a mechanic? :unsure:

cheers Brad

it's not such a great attenuator, but it should go further than the gravities specified. Temps for the yeast are 17-22degC IIRC.

What was your recipe?

Are you a mechanic? :unsure:

cheers Brad

Meaning that I tinker too much??? Heh
I'm very impatient and I probably worry about things too much.........
I'm a switchboard builder :) in this industry things work if they don't I fix it Hahahaha
I'll leave it alone for another 48 h and sg test again

Meaning that I tinker too much??? Heh
I'm very impatient and I probably worry about things too much.........
I'm a switchboard builder :) in this industry things work if they don't I fix it Hahahaha
I'll leave it alone for another 48 h and sg test again

More to do with the thumb nail. :D

Back