Has anyone else had trouble with SPER?

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

_HOME_BREW_WALLACE_

Professional Drunken Yahoo!
Reaction score
Hi guys.

This morning i was done for driving on a SPER (State Penalties Enforcement Register) Suspended Licence for an unpaid fine/SPER fees which i swear i had paid while paying other bills.. This has me going to court in feb.

Has anyone else have had trouble with SPER not sending out letters/documentation stating that they will cancel your licence if you dont pay or contact by a certain date? or just problems with Aust post in general? eg: My letterbox clearly is marked unit *** 2-8 ********** Cresent capalaba, but the Aussie Post registered address is 2-10 instead of 2-8. I'm really chasing someone here with a legal background here who can tell me what the **** is going on?

I plan on hitting up the free legal aid at the local community center, but apart from that i dont know what else to do?

Ideas/suggestions? I'm gonna put a case together and plead not guilty as this is bullshit.

In the meantime, i'm walking to work. (thank **** i live and work a stonesthrow from craftbrewer)

Anyway, RANT OVER :lol: Cheers guys and happy brewing/drinking or whatever you do.

_WALLACE_

I remember the fvkers sending a final notice even though I'd paid all my installments. Money grabbing *****.
Good Luck.

My address is unit 1-2 ************ Dve
The Government have it at unit 1-1148 ********** Road
Its on the corner
I think my brother had the same problem

I had the same problem once. However I was lucky. The copper that pulled me up that day must have got laid in the morning. He let me go..

i know i gotta case. but as the boss said "its making the magistrate believe you" is the problem. I can take this problem back to body corp/council/aussie post and i will. but its all about proving the case, proving i didn't get the mail and proving that i payed the fine.

_WALLACE_ said:
i know i gotta case. but as the boss said "its making the magistrate believe you" is the problem. I can take this problem back to body corp/council/aussie post and i will. but its all about proving the case, proving i didn't get the mail and proving that i payed the fine.
How hard can it be to prove you paid the fine? Surely you have a receipt?
I doubt you will be able to prove you didn't get the mail, after all you must get your other mail eg. rates, electricity, lotto cheques ect. :p at the same postal address.

If you can prove you paid the fine prior to the cut off date then your problems should all go away, no?

I had trouble with SPERM once.
Turned into a kid that has cost me a fortune.

Anyone who says they never pay for it is full of shit.
I've paid for a house, a car, a few kids and heaps of other shit.
You always pay one way or the other. :unsure:

I have been paying SPER for ten yrs. now ..I will be dead before i pay it off..
I still have another 20 yrs to go..I am paying to keep some one else out of jail..
PJ

Video yourself posting 2 letters, one to 2-10 and one to 2-8. Interesting to see what happens, which one will show up.
Imagine the tension building in the courtroom as the video of the postie coming down the street is played on the big screen. FTW
Cheers
BBB

Bada Bing Brewery said:
Video yourself posting 2 letters, one to 2-10 and one to 2-8. Interesting to see what happens, which one will show up.
Imagine the tension building in the courtroom as the video of the postie coming down the street is played on the big screen. FTW
Cheers
BBB
Mate, You are a god. What a ******* great idea!

Bada Bing Brewery said:
My invoice is in the mail ..... I'll send it to both numbers, so you don't screw me.
BBB
Make sure you video tape the entire procedure :p

Why were you in trouble with SPER in the first place?
Obey the law and you have nothing to fear

As the guard said whilst turning on the shower. :ph34r:

I once came back from a 2 week driving holiday, opened my mail and found a letter from the RTA notifying me that me my license will be suspended within 7 days (letter was dated 2 days after I left) due to an order from the State debt recovery office. I was like WTF! I havent had any fines I didnt pay.

Called the SDRO, they told me there was an unpaid fine from the Australian Electoral Commission. Again I was like WTF! There hasnt been an election for yonks, and I always vote!

Called the AEC, they told me there was a by-election well over a year ago in a local council in an area that I no longer lived in. So of course I would never have found out about it and they no doubt sent the fine to my old address. So it took them 18 months to catch up with me and this is how they do it! Not even a courtesy letter to say "Hey, you owe us money pay up or else"

Anyway, I faxed them a copy of my drivers license with my new address and wrote a letter to say I didnt live there at the time and it was all good, they cleared the fine and reversed the order. But I was pretty pissed off at having unknowingly driven 2000+ kms on a suspended license. If I had an accident, or even got pulled over I would have been f****d. :angry:

The Cnuts who operate government here in the country where people don't march and are like compliant sheep consider that if they send you a letter through Aus Post then that's proof it was delivered. yeah.

About 15 years ago I used to talk to people about the Nanny State (being a naturalised Pom who had experienced this in the UK). Nobody knew what I was talking about. Nowadays, heloooo is anyone here familiar with the term Nanny State?

Really you should regularly check UK media outlets such as their online papers, BBC news etc and find out where our governments get their loonie ideas from , because ten years later we get it here in quids.

end rant.

Same UK papers that feature people with alien colonies living in their brain, long dead kings being revived by mad scientists ect?

Bribie G said:
Aliens turned my son into a fish finger.

Yes, that's the ones. UK Sun ect.

The tabloids there make the melb Truth look tame.

I had the samething happen sper didn't send me my payment plan and they didn't register it on their computer system so I was driving for 7 month on a sper suspended license. The only time I found out was when I regoed my statesman and got pulled over cos I usually drive a company car

Back