Harts Pub Brewers Feast

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

///

Reaction score
Hi Guys

On September 18 Harts Pub is holding its first Brewers Feast. The collective noun for a gathering of Brewers is Feast, hence the name.

We have invited 5 Brewers to take part and will be selling half pints and pints. There will be a mix of beers from the Brewers as well as a whole bunch on tap. We'll be firing up the BBQ as well, I hope Kev does pulled pork sandwiches again.

See you there!

Scotty
BrewersFesat_proof.jpg

Hope you realise this is same day as Castle Hill / NSW beer comp.

cheers

Yep, Stuster already mentioned that, and there will be a pint on the house for any judges and stewards that make it in.

Scotty

Can't wait Scotty, it's gonna be a cracker!!!

And I'm sure once the feast has finished, we'll all get a little loose :icon_chickcheers: :ph34r:

Murrays better bring the 2IPA.... :beerbang: :drinks: :icon_drool2:

Well the line up is set, the brewers plane tickets and rooms are booked, the BBQ cleaned and the beers arriving over the next few days.

The normal way of festivals is for punters to be charged a premium, the brewers give away the beer and someone gets quite a bit of coin. I'm never sure who that person is, so we are not expecting brewers to give us beer and will working on standard prices. So tasters, half pints and pints (definitely not pints of the Pickled Monkeys Imperial Pils) via a drinks card.

Brewers attending will be Murrays (maybe some Icon?) Hunter Beer Co (maybe some Cranky Pants IPA?), Otway Estate (maybe some Saison?), True South (maybe some Wee Jimmy?) and Grand Ridge (maybe some of thier new Draught?) and definitely the Pickled Monkeys Imperial Pils.

We also mavbe up our sleeve a few surprises in the cellar for the main bars as well.

I also have a 10 drinks cards for the first 10 folks who ping us a PM ... and you never know what may be on offer on twitter ...

Scotty

Apart from what we have inhouse, the below looks like alot of fun!

Otway Estate
Summer Ale
Otway Ale
Otway Red Ale
Otway Saison

Murrays Brewing
Whale
Pale Ale
Punch and Judy
Grand Cru

True South Brewing
Summer Ale
Pilsner
Brown Ale
Wee Jimmy

Hunter Beer Co
Cranky Pants IPA
Stout
Bock
Kolsch

Grand Ridge
Gippsland Gold
Brewers Pilsner
Grand Ridge Draught

img1314l.jpg

Thanks Scotty!

Loved the afternoon! great weather!

The beers were all tasty & the pork sandwich was bloody great!

LC Oatmeal Stout = KILLER!!!!

Got a pic with my fave Brewer too!

img1341si.jpg

All i did was take my shirt off.

Thanks for coming fella's, next one is on Feb 5th.

Scotty

If folks are not on our mailing list you may not know the next Feast is on Sat the 5th of February, starting at 11.

I doubt I'll be in a monkey suit, but we will have about 20 beers on tap and aiming to have them on at the same time. Lots more variety with this feast, will add a list as things consolidate this week.

Rgds

Scotty

Damn, out of the area with sport that weekend.

Not happy.

im not sure SWMBO is going to let me out that day as well as going to watch the Superbowl the 2 days later... what to do, what to do...

That is an easy one
Tape the Superbowl, go to the brewers feast

and then to the Taphouse SpecTAPpular later on the 12th...

Where is that spare liver I've got lying around?

I'm sure we will be showing the Superbowl as well and open a bit early ...

If folks are not on our mailing list you may not know the next Feast is on Sat the 5th of February, starting at 11.

I doubt I'll be in a monkey suit, but we will have about 20 beers on tap and aiming to have them on at the same time. Lots more variety with this feast, will add a list as things consolidate this week.

The last keg of Mind Warp held over from Bitter and Twisted will be taped at the Brewers Feast.
Look forward to sharing it with you all.
Come early as there is the LAST keg.

Doc

MindWarpA3Poster.jpg

Mind Warp! killer name, Doc.
i'll be sure to give that one a swill.

forecast for sat sounds brutal - 39.

Back